Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Notices

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Old 08-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
wtf do you know

You have nothing to do with this except cliking keys on the internet.

Who pissed on your parade?

I havn't taken any sides as far as the settlement, just pointing out there is more than one way to deal with a law suit, and Attorneys, legislatures, etc are not always the ones that control away suits go....

Let me point out once again, He who creates the most work, and problems generally win the bigger of the suits, because people would rather settle than fight!

What do I know? How to not back down, the only times I have, I have generally regretted it later...

If you would like to discuss this more, email me direct!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is the guy that was never found and still in Lk Michigan somewhere,....riding on the OL boat with chitty driver/throttle men, big shots with no respect for lives on board. Jerk-offs.

His family owns the oldest Ford dealership in WI and several other dealer groups.

It's sad when anyone loses a life, but I am wondering how any of what you stated above could have been Marc and SOTW's fault?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here is who was hurt most by the litigation of our event
Attached Thumbnails Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-make-wish-child-award.jpg   Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-make-wish-child-getting-boat.jpg   Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-make-wish-child-vent.jpg  

Old 08-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Registered

Here is a short video of some of the kids going for rides

http://media.putfile.com/Smoke-On-Th...e-A-Wish-Rides
Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

http://media.putfile.com/2006-Poker-Run-Intro

More memories
Old 08-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fault belongs with the driver. Unfamiliar with the boat. Unfamiliar with the horsepower, about 1200 each. Didn't know the throttle man. Still invited people he didn't know to be passengers. Didn't know the area he was boating in so he overshot the card stop. Couldn't take the time to slow the boat before turning sharply towards the card stop. What this guy did was just short of criminal. Doesn't get much clearer than this but our legal system screws everything up.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the guy that was never found and still in Lk Michigan somewhere,....riding on the OL boat with chitty driver/throttle men, big shots with no respect for lives on board. Jerk-offs.

His family owns the oldest Ford dealership in WI and several other dealer groups.
Bob Russell was the throttle man and not the driver. I have ridden with Bob and he can drive and throttle a boat just fine. The few times I have met and talked with him, he was anything but a ''Jerk off''.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Registered

I don't belive that the driver of the boat intended on doing anything wrong. It is my opinion that he may have turned the wheel same way, at the same speed, at many different times ,and not had the same disaterus results

It is not criminal, it is a tragedy that no one should be sued for Insurance should do what it is there for and move on

The way I see it, the drivers insurance should have paid for all real damages and that was it (IE Funeral,travel,ect..) no payment for the future, there are no guarantees for the future

Pain and suffering is a joke ! I have been married 4 times i should be compensated for pain and suffering I am not that attractive a guy so should i sue my parents??

Loss of companionship -there is no proof he would not have gotten divorced down the road

Everyone wants guarantees that nothing would happen in life and if it does someone should pay for it

WE ARE HUMANS!!! CRAP HAPPENS

The fact is that the gentleman who Downtown42 posted a pic of has

1) attended our event (SOTW) in prior years (# of them i think)
2) had ridden the previous year in an identical boat (42 OL) with less power
3) Got in a boat with someone he did not know when his ride was not available at the last minute
3) Owned a 28 Donzi of his own
4) Signed a waiver

I think it was his responsibility to know better, and if you are going to place blame, then some must go to his wife for letting him go to the poker run,and the rest to him for HIS choices

Why should anyone receive a guarantee when and ACCIDENT happens

It was a tragic accident and my sympathy goes out to the family for there loss but i have very little sympathy when they have reduced there loved one to a guarantee of money and we arent talking Chump change (the award included many other perks than the millions that have been posted)

If these guys had lived, there is no guarantee the family would continue to live in the lifestyle that they were used to (He was in the car sales business and look where that is right now ) but in death they have a value that is based on earnings until retirement
WHAT A JOKE

This became a lawyer fishing expedition to get money

accountability is not what anyone lives by any more

BLAME is the new word for stupidity and not taking responsibility for ones actions

Last edited by boatme; 08-21-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

From your experience, I know not completely possible, is there a waiver/backed by an insurance policy to pay the best available lawyers up to a pile of $, that no one would take the time/$ to challenge because the risk/reward wasn't there?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ratickle
From your experience, I know not completely possible, is there a waiver/backed by an insurance policy to pay the best available lawyers up to a pile of $, that no one would take the time/$ to challenge because the risk/reward wasn't there?

SIMPLE ANSWER N O !!!!!!!!!

I can prove that my car is silver by looking at it and by looking at the build paperwork (Says color silver) and if somone paid a lawyer to chalange me, they would still take me to court and have it cost me thousands to prove the car is in fact silver

As long as the legal system is not held accountable for this crap you have absolutly NO gaurentees

Quick Reply: Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.