Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boatpix.Com Photos (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157590-boatpix-com-photos.html)

SANLEONKID 05-06-2007 08:51 PM

Boatpix.Com Photos

The Boatpix.Com helicopter found us out on the water Saturday. Anyone knows how much they want for the 16x20's before I have them mailed out?

Scott B 05-06-2007 08:59 PM

Are they in TX also, or were you in Florida??

SANLEONKID 05-06-2007 09:07 PM

Out on Clear Lake , TX. had a boat full of my wives friends and kids and somebody said... "look at that crazy helicopter right off the water". He was chasing down a fountain across the lake. Next thing we know he was right beside us about 20 feet off the water with a photog hanging out the side snapping away. . we were only doing about 40 or so.

Scott B 05-06-2007 09:23 PM

My experience here in S Fl was, err, LESS than stellar...

TexomaPowerboater 05-06-2007 09:59 PM

He flew around Texoma for one of the Poker Runs. I filled everything out. The website didn't even tell me how much until the very end - after you have already completed the order. It was $300 a piece for one of the smaller pictures. At that point I cancelled my order. Looking back on it though.........:( and I think that picture would have been priceless. I should of bought one.

SANLEONKID 05-06-2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2118737)
It was $300 a piece for one of the smaller pictures. At that point I cancelled my order. Looking back on it though.........:( and I think that picture would have been priceless. I should of bought one.

$300 for the SMALLER ones... website said they would send 16x20's.

Thanks.

tomtbone1993 05-06-2007 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by SANLEONKID (Post 2118751)
$300 for the SMALLER ones... website said they would send 16x20's.

Thanks.

ask jef1000man in the TOPPS section. he ordered a few photos from them in November

RedDog382 05-07-2007 03:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SANLEONKID (Post 2118665)
The Boatpix.Com helicopter found us out on the water Saturday. Anyone knows how much they want for the 16x20's before I have them mailed out?

Oddest coincidence with Boat Pix. A couple years ago, I had met a great guy who a was very hard-working and successful business owner with a 56' Sea Ray. He was an avid boater and gearhead, but had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer only months after he sold his business. We immediately became good friends. He begged and begged me to take him for a ride on my Formula. I was afraid with his cancer, he would be hurt in the usually hard chop on Lake Erie.

We finally had the opportunity to do it one beautiful day May 05. I took Tom, his son, two of his best friends for a ride out of Put-In-Bay. As soon as we turned the corner to open lake, a BoatPix helicopter swooped down on us and took a bunch of shots of us with Tom grinning ear to ear in every one.

It took forever to track them down, but after I explained the situation to the folks at BoatPix, they finally found the photos and delivered them to me at a significantly reduced price. We gave them to Tom and the rest of the crew for Christmas that year. He had the photo hanging in his shop where he spend most of his remaining days.

Tom passed away last August, but I will always remember the day I was able to give him one of his final wishes.

offshoredrillin 05-07-2007 05:42 AM

they are REAL expensive! Let them send you the pics, then call them and negotiate the price or send them back, i got 3 16x20's for just about 200 bucks.

GLH 05-07-2007 05:43 AM

Dealt with them a while back. If I remember go on there website and find the date of your ride or the event and you can find the pictures.