Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fever (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157687-fever.html)

Stormrider 05-09-2007 10:04 PM

cool pics. good to see an older racer in such great shape.
And Jeff, you were once thin?

JCPERF 05-10-2007 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2122718)
cool pics. good to see an older racer in such great shape.
And Jeff, you were once thin?

T2X is correct and yes I was a lighter in the day:D :D Fever is the reason I get up everyday with a little soreness to the back

JCPERF 05-10-2007 08:19 AM

The boat was in the movie "Spring Break".If you look closely you can see CASHBAR on the beach when he was 5 years old:drink:

OldSchool 05-10-2007 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF (Post 2122976)
yes I was a lighter in the day :D

That picture does look like it was many cheeseburgers ago!!:eek: :eek:

:drink: :evilb:

BROWNIE 05-10-2007 09:49 AM

T2x, I'll save you. George Hertel, former owner of Islamorada Fish co., now part of Bass Pro, in Islamorada and Dania, Fl.

lowblue320 05-10-2007 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF (Post 2122979)
The boat was in the movie "Spring Break".If you look closely you can see CASHBAR on the beach when he was 5 years old:drink:

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....The Movie spring break....my dad had a couple video stores back then and when I was at the store I would make him play that part over and over again.......The scene is were the music (Lets hit the beach) starts and they are showing the Ftlauderdale beach right before the scene ends..... I always wondered if it was part of the movie or a coincedence?

T2x 05-10-2007 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE (Post 2123098)
T2x, I'll save you. George Hertel, former owner of Islamorada Fish co., now part of Bass Pro, in Islamorada and Dania, Fl.

Life is a series of odd coincidences sometimes.....

I ate dinner last night at the Islamorada Fish Co. restaurant.... in Denver.

Thanks Brownie, George Hertel is the guy, but I had him confused with another guy who had another Manta...and then raced the ACR Chris Cat...Lance Ruble.

As I said, senior moments abound.:D

T2x

nick k 05-10-2007 09:36 PM

The Fever boat is the reason I started getting interested in offshore racing. I don't think there is a V-boat out there size, weight, range, power, or whatever that can compare. Especially for an old school stomper that can run w/just about anything in any conditions. I'm just sorry to see the TRS go. Loved the old school look w/those bulky old drives. Curious to see how well it will run w/Bravos.

jhiguy377 05-10-2007 10:33 PM

i'd love to see pix of the Olds engines, being an old 442 afficiando(1965,1966,1968 and 1970 W-30-jeff

TUFFboat 05-11-2007 06:03 AM

I remeber Scott Duvall and his "Damn Manta" back in the day He started with the big 32 like 'Heat was on' :D , it was like running beside a building when we were in a 24 skater (we would pritty much say "Damn Manta" when they would fly by in the rough). But they soon switch to a red 28 Manta which did a very nice job as well. Great memories.