Notices

Upstate NY members....

Old 05-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upstate NY members....

I figued I'd put this out to some fellow OSO'ers.

My sister lives in the capital district. She's 24 aand night time grad student and has been teaching at a Catholic elementary school in Waterford for the school year. Earlier in the year the new principle told my sister that there was not room in the budget next school year for her position ( she is the most junior teacher). They would just have to do with one less teacher. My sister was aware of this and has been applying at local school districts. This morning the principle dropped a bomb on my sister and told her it was her last day. They told her "theres only 2 months left till the end of the year so...."

Anyway. My sister has no income. She asked me if I knew anyone that is looking for some type help. This is by no means just looking for some charity, I'm just looking to help my sister who has always done the right thing in life but just got pooped on.

Either clerical, assistant, office type work or anything. She is available immediately. She told me she just plain needs a job.

She is extremely smart and very responsible. If anybody in the upstate needs a good worker. Please let me know.

Thanks.... NF1
Scott
Old 05-03-2007, 07:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My cousin lives in Waterford actually. Shoot me a PM and I'll see if there are any jobs where she is, although she is looking now herself for work, something might pop up.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered

Thanks Paisan. Looks like my ghetto membership doesn't have PM's....

Feel free to drop an email to me at [email protected]

Thanks, Scott
Old 05-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My oldest daughter went to Saint Mary's in Waterford for Kindergarten and 1st grade back in 1991 & 92, I may know your sister. If she hasn't already, have her apply at Shenendahowa School district, they are building a new elementary school on the campus that is going to open in Sept. It's a huge school with over 9000 kids they always seem to be looking for good teachers. I'm not hiring now but I will keep it in mine. If I hear of anything I will e-mail you.
Ken
Old 05-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

I know Shen very well. I graduated from Burnt Hills. My folks still live there. They have a place on Sacandaga.

Yeah...St. Marys is where she taught. She has been doing private tutoring for 2 of her students that really need help. Well, both families prepaid my sister so she had to refund their $$ and tell them why..... both families are extremely upset with St. Marys. Appearantly 1 little girl has struggled very hard until my sister started teaching her.... sad situation all around.

I appreciate the extra eyes and ears out there.... again... my email is up top....

Thanks Ken.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used to live up there, not that I am adding anything useful to this thread just saying. I grew up in Rotterdam until I moved here to FL 11 years ago. Went to Schalmont, I remember shen also damn huge school.. In my graduating class we had like 220 kids total... not 2200 like them... anyway, good luck to your sister, tell her to move to FL they are in desperate need of teachers here with all the peole moving into this state daily.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My sister-in-law is a teacher in the Averill Park school district. She gave berth to a new baby girl last night, when I see her I'll ask her if she has any ideas. We may be interested in some summer tutoring for my twin girls. They are 7 years old and 2nd graders. They could use some help with their reading skills. Let me know if she is interested.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChrisK
I used to live up there, not that I am adding anything useful to this thread just saying. I grew up in Rotterdam until I moved here to FL 11 years ago. Went to Schalmont, I remember shen also damn huge school.. In my graduating class we had like 220 kids total... not 2200 like them... anyway, good luck to your sister, tell her to move to FL they are in desperate need of teachers here with all the peole moving into this state daily.
LOL...no crap.... I grew up in Rotterdam before I went to Burnt Hills. I had a lot of friends that went to Mohon.

Xpress33.... I will speak with my sister tommorrow to pass this along. Thanks you very much.
Gotta love the OSO community I tell ya.
BTW I'll be Lake George fathers day weekend for a Donzi rally.... stop buy the Algonquin and I'll buy ya a drink.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by NefariousOne
Thanks Paisan. Looks like my ghetto membership doesn't have PM's....

Feel free to drop an email to me at [email protected]

Thanks, Scott
[email protected] is mine.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 05-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Registered

XPRESS 33,

I spoke to my sister and she said she has done lots of private tutoring for children every summer. She said she would be more than happy to help the girls out this summer. She asked me to pass on to you her email so you can contact her if you want to set something up this summer.

[email protected]

Thanks a bunch,
Scott

Quick Reply: Upstate NY members....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.