Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: My cousin is carrying the Olympic Torch... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15776-ot-my-cousin-carrying-olympic-torch.html)

Payton 01-09-2002 02:07 PM

Miss Amy, that's great! I'm sorry for her loss also.
The torch seems to be jumping around a little. It came though NW Indiana and I think Chicago this past weekend.

Mark

PS. sounds like we may see you guys again. We are thinking of going to LOTO for Memorial weekend.

fountain525sc 01-09-2002 02:12 PM

MissAmy,

I had three people apply me to do that. I am a KC native as well. I was a National Team gymnast and was paraalyzed in a vaulting accident 4 years ago. I was training for the 2000 Games. I know many of tyhe writers in KC and I agree that she should carry the torch in his honor. I'm sorry to hear about her loss as I'm sure he was loved by all. Keep the chin up. I truly believe everything happens fora reason. God bless you! ;)

cigarette1 01-09-2002 02:29 PM

Amy,

That should make your family proud. Make sure you video every step.

G
:cool:

MissAmy 01-09-2002 02:46 PM

Thanks everyone!

I'm off to go cheer her on; should be a fun time. :)

fountain525...i know there was some sort of nominating process, but as far as i'm concerned, you should have been recognized too! Are you planning to be anywhere along the route to watch? If so, I'd like to meet you. If not there, then definately at LOTO this summer!

Payton,
Glad to hear you guys are coming down for Mem. Day! Look forward to seeing you too.

BODYSHOT1 01-09-2002 03:39 PM

:cool: :D :cool:

skatermike24 01-09-2002 03:42 PM

We want to see pictures!!!!! :D :cool:

Audiofn 01-09-2002 03:48 PM

Very cool. My brother is down racing in Florida trying to get himself on the Olymic Sailing team. He got a 5th last weekend so he is less then happy with himself. I will never understand how 5th in the country is bad!!! Hope you remembered the video camera!!! :D :D

MissAmy 01-09-2002 05:57 PM

Just got back...MAN...that was awesome! :)

She did great and looked so happy. People cheering, flags waving, just one of those "moments" you'll never forget.

After she finished her leg (2/10 of a mile), it was like being with a celebrity. Everyone wanting pictures with her, wanting to hug her and give her congratulations.

She gets to keep the torch and I even got to hold it!! My kids did too! What a rush! It is so cool looking and the darn thing's pretty heavy.

Man, I'm exhausted from all the cheering and jumping up and down. It was over so fast, but my adrenaline was really pumping. I can only imagine how SHE felt! :D :D :D

MissAmy 01-09-2002 06:00 PM

Oh, one more thing....the batteries for the video camera were dead as doornails :mad: but my son took along his that he got for Christmas so we'll see how his comes out. He's only 10 and it's a kids video/digital thing, but better than nothing!

I did take the camera and got lots of good pics (i hope). :)