Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Merc 700 ????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157781-merc-700-a.html)

Mentalpause 05-09-2007 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2122263)
Well from what I am reading here the nxt drive isn't the answer.

Don't discount the set up from the manufacturer - some are having outstanding results with the NXT. Might be worth looking a little deeper.

LostCowboy 05-09-2007 08:45 PM

Working great for Cigarette. I know the X deminsion has something to do with it. There may be other differences as well.

Rcrapsey 05-09-2007 08:54 PM

Works great on the Donzi 38ZR Handles great and runs even better.

Bottomfeeder 05-09-2007 09:06 PM

the 32 DCB at the power boat trials was running 17X40 merc CNC 5 blades, too much diameter= transon lift,they normaly run 16.5X38's with no issues the 40's were just for big numbers,,,140mph on the limiters :D

Mentalpause 05-09-2007 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by LostCowboy (Post 2122591)
Working great for Cigarette. I know the X deminsion has something to do with it. There may be other differences as well.

Working great on the Sunsation F4 too, boat runs on rails. They found out on set up that X dimension had a lot to do with it.

docmanrich37 05-09-2007 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2121672)
It didnt work with the Nortech's either. They elected to go back to the flawless #6

How would you know.You don't keep a boat long enough to even sea trial it before you sell it.Must be related to ThunderDan.:evilb: :evilb: :D

Mentalpause 05-09-2007 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by docmanrich37 (Post 2122659)
How would you know.You don't keep a boat long enough to even sea trial it before you sell it.Must be related to ThunderDan.:evilb: :evilb: :D

LMAO - can we ask Jeff how well the arnesons do?:evilb:

Oh yeah Jeff - when you called last Friday while working, this was us stopping for lunch. You are welcome to join us anytime.

carcrash 05-09-2007 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 2122325)
I wonder what speed a 47 lighting would have with twin 700's and 6's?

Fountain reps told me 90, and my velocity prediction program gives the same answer.

I am very intrigued by this combination. Its a bit faster than triple 525s, and obviously a LOT simpler, lots more room in that engine room, and its a whole engine lighter (that's why its faster with a bit less power).

The twin diesel sounds really practical too -- get 2 mpg at cruise, and diesels cruise close to flat out. About 1.6 mpg flat out. About 70 mph, I think they said. And the rebuild time is forever. Of course, other stuff goes to hell, but not the drives or engine. The intercoolers clog, turbos fail, wiring goes wonky (just like on all EFI gas engines), etc. So maintenance is still needed. But its amazing when you look at a 2000 hour yanmar -- it looks and usually runs like brand new.

Mentalpause 05-09-2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by carcrash (Post 2122697)
Fountain reps told me 90, and my velocity prediction program gives the same answer.

I am very intrigued by this combination. Its a bit faster than triple 525s, and obviously a LOT simpler, lots more room in that engine room, and its a whole engine lighter (that's why its faster with a bit less power).

The twin diesel sounds really practical too -- get 2 mpg at cruise, and diesels cruise close to flat out. About 1.6 mpg flat out. About 70 mph, I think they said. And the rebuild time is forever. Of course, other stuff goes to hell, but not the drives or engine. The intercoolers clog, turbos fail, wiring goes wonky (just like on all EFI gas engines), etc. So maintenance is still needed. But its amazing when you look at a 2000 hour yanmar -- it looks and usually runs like brand new.

Here we go again - Jassby is going to build another Yanmar boat!:drink:

Rik 05-09-2007 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause (Post 2122677)
LMAO - can we ask Jeff how well the arnesons do?:evilb:

Oh yeah Jeff - when you called last Friday while working, this was us stopping for lunch. You are welcome to join us anytime.

So are you saying the boat would be faster with Merc?