Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Lanier Hot Spots?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157810-lake-lanier-hot-spots.html)

C M R 05-09-2007 09:33 AM

Lake Lanier Hot Spots??

I'll be back down in Atlanta this weekend, and thought I would make a day trip over to Lake Lanier on Friday(Never Been).

My question is are there any "Must Stops" around the lake. Any marinas? A good place to grab food/drink??

It's only a day trip but I've been wanting to check out Lake Lanier for some time now. So any advise would be apreciated.

Thanks.

David

THEJOKER 05-09-2007 10:21 AM

Cocktail Cove is a must on the weekends. I'd stay at www.LakeLanierIslands.com . You can rent a jet ski , etc. Holiday Marina has a good grill / rest.

benztech 05-09-2007 11:32 AM

A good place to eat is Up The Creek @ Starboard Marina. Are you going up over the weekend or just on Fri? If you want a boat to hang out on Sat send me a p.m.
Larry

C M R 05-09-2007 01:32 PM

Joker- I've heard cocktail cove was the big party spot during the weekend. Lake Lanier Islands Resort looks like a great place to stay; I only wish I had an extra day to play that golf course. Thanks for the input. Also, where is Joker Powerboats located at the lake?

benztech- I really wish I could take you up on that offer, that would be a blast! Unfortunately Friday is only day I'll be able to go to Lake Lanier, Saturday I'll be down in McDonough visiting with family.

THEJOKER 05-09-2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by PurePassion38 (Post 2122055)
Joker- I've heard cocktail cove was the big party spot during the weekend. Lake Lanier Islands Resort looks like a great place to stay; I only wish I had an extra day to play that golf course. Thanks for the input. Also, where is Joker Powerboats located at the lake?

benztech- I really wish I could take you up on that offer, that would be a blast! Unfortunately Friday is only day I'll be able to go to Lake Lanier, Saturday I'll be down in McDonough visiting with family.

Shop is in West Palm Beach , FL. Lake Lanier Island is definitely the place to stay. My office is only 10 minutes from LLI so let me know if you want to stop by. I can show you a butt load of offshore racing trophies - haha.:D

BAD APPLE 05-09-2007 04:25 PM

Brian,
It is to easy to get lost there.
The Atlantic is safer for me.
Brett

THEJOKER 05-09-2007 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE (Post 2122304)
Brian,
It is to easy to get lost there.
The Atlantic is safer for me.
Brett

The GPS did wonders for you ole buddy @ midnight. I'll never forget you scared to jump in lake water - haha. Gotta admit we threw down!

DirtyMoney 05-09-2007 07:12 PM

Check us out at www.cocktailcove.com

THEJOKER 05-09-2007 07:13 PM

rbr2328 is the Mayor of the lake by the way. See him for fun!

DirtyMoney 05-09-2007 07:14 PM

I appreciate it Brian.