If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Boats:
    1989 18.5 ft XLT powerplay
    On the river

good luck bud

Boynton Beach FL

Sell yourself!!!

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA

Thumbs up

Tell them you drive a fast boat and are on OSO all day and have lots of great contacts. Tell them you can post whore like no other and that you have thousands of posts. Tell them the correct way to fly off a wave and the X dimension needed for speed. Then you will be in. Or you can kiss ass real hard. That is the way to get to the top.

My Boats:
    1988 32' Pachanga

Yeah, I have to agree with eveyone...make certain someone with spell check did your resume. And if they make you fill out a standard job application while you wait for your actual interview...carefully spell everything!
    Other than that it all comes down to PRESENTATIONPRESENTATIONPRESENTATION!!!
    I'm not certain what type of job you're going after but if it's white collar make certain your suit is pressed, your tie is right on, your hair doesn't need a trimming (nuff said on that subject ), nails are cut, beard (if you have one) is trimmed, etc...You could be the most qualified person for the job but if your appearance is "off" that might queer the deal.
    Project self confidence and look the interviewer IN THE EYE when you two are talking. Eye contact...very important.

Good luck amigo!

My Boats:
    1995 Skater 24
    St.Cloud , Florida Osceola County

Make sure they have internet access!!!

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA

My Ex is in Human Resources and this is what she has told me. If you are shaking a guys hand make it a firm handshake be very diliberate about it. Walk right up to him and shake his hand. If it is a girl don't crush her hand, but do the same thing. Dress to the position!! If you are going there to be a fiberglass guy then do not wear a suit!!
    What ever you do when they ask you what your best quality is DO NOT SAY I WORK WELL WITH OTHERS or any variation of that. If you do, watch you file go right in the trash. When I was interviewing guys, I wanted to know that they were willing to work and learn, I prefered that they did not know anything that way I did not have to unlearn stuff. So do not be afraid to say I DO NOT KNOW!!

Good luck man and if you do not get the first one it is not a failure, it is a learning experience. When you are done write down what you thought you did well and what you think you screwed up and think about how to do it better the next time.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Audiofn ]
    Put your best foot forward!

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York

col thanks for the advice! It a position as a graphic designed, web developer and webmaster. Hopefully i cna make some loot and get that new boat i've been wanting
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

greenwood lake USA

good luck, be yourself!
    make sure you have matching socks

Ginger or Mary Ann? Charter Member US1 Fountain's Avatar
    Lafayette, IN

Originally posted by puder:
    <STRONG>col thanks for the advice! It a position as a graphic designed, web developer and webmaster. </STRONG>
    In that case, don't mention anything about this site. Might not look good if they decide to check up on ya.

Good hand shake, eye contact, dress appropiate, use hand jestures, but not so you look like you are deaf. Don't just answer questions, but ask questions. Think of positive things about yourself and what you could offer the company in advance. NEVER say anything negative about previous employeers or people under any circumstance. These are all suggestions from a friend of mine that was the head of personnel for Caterpillar.
    Good Luck!
    Some people are like Slinkies - Not really good for anything, but they
    bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

I have a formula for 1000% guaranteed job hiring success.

Bring with you a .454 Magnum. When the interviewer asked your the first question, whip itout, and stick it in his mouth.

And say, "Do I have the job or not?"

And there you have it!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast