Notices

Lucky..

Old 01-09-2002, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Unhappy

Cig-

all too often do we not realize that the little things often mean the most. you are a stand-up guy for making the effort!

i'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. it sounds as if he was a wonderful individual.

keep your chin up,
chad

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: jawbreakerkid ]
Old 01-09-2002, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amen Brother!!!!! I lost my 42 year old brother 2 years ago suddenly, Since then I tried to live each day likes it my last, cause you never know, My brother never saw his two kinds grow up, I spend as much time as possible with family and friends!!
My prayers go out to you and your friends family.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:47 PM
Boat Girl

Cig,

Sorry for your loss...Hopefully it will comfort you to know that you brought a smile to his face during his time of need...

Old 01-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cignificant,good job
Its funny how we all eventually realise that family and friends are way more important than boats and toys and money etc.Some of us figure it out by ourselves,some of us have it thrust upon us.Which ever way it happens,it always makes us better and stronger individuals.Sorry for your loss.
Remember to tell someone you love that you do because you never know when you won't be able to.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. You are right it is the small things that you can do for your freind at times like that that mean everything to you. I was in the hospital a while back. My arrival to the hospital was bad news. I was in and out of conciousness and when I woke up I can still tell you every person that was in that room looking at me!!!! Just the fact that they were there meant everything to me.
Up in Maine we all have a good friend that had been fighting cancer for a while!! He had to keep working on the Big Dig project just to keep his health insurance!!! Man is that guy strong!! Well Kurt aka Biggus Dickus took his boat one day and did a bunch of repairs that Freddie could not afford to have done. Kurt ran around to this shop and that and got everyone to donate stuff to fix the boat. Then took it to the marina were they filled it up with gas. Man I just thought that was the nicest thing and Fredie was floored!!! It was very touching to see a guy that you would normally think man I do not want to mess with him just about come to tears!! You guys all deserve a pat on the back and a job well done, you are true friends!!! Oh ya Fredie overcame his cancer 100% after that and is doing well
Old 01-09-2002, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss

I am speechless. What you did for your freind was great. You are one of my new hero's.

Travis

p.s. I had a tear run outta my eye..
Old 01-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
At'a'boy Steve. I am sorry for your loss, but I am happy you made his day.

Brian
Old 01-09-2002, 06:15 PM
Uncle Toys

Well done! That is terrific perspective, something we can all use. It's always sad when you loose someone close and more often than not you hear people say - wish I had said or done this or that before it was too late. You actually did it. Bravo!

Old 01-09-2002, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Cig Steve, sorry to hear about your buddy Cancer sucks, I lost my mother to it. Your alright Steve.
Kurt.
Old 01-09-2002, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very well said. Your friend sounds like he was a strong man. I wish there was some way we could help you carry your sorrow.

-Michael

Quick Reply: Lucky..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.