Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Aqua wrap (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/158171-aqua-wrap.html)

redlinecat 05-14-2007 08:49 AM

Aqua wrap

Here is a before and after of my 29 redline cat.

I wanted something flashy and was not willing to spend more on paint than the boat was worth.

What do yall think?

No flaming about the trailer it is the next upgrade.

Thanks

BY U BOY 05-14-2007 08:54 AM

Thats TIGHT:D Looks good!

damdonzi 05-14-2007 08:59 AM

Looks great! Did you do a comparison of what the cost difference would be if you painted it?

I think what I have heard is that the intricate designs are where a wrap really pays off. Otherwise it's a wash.

wstultz 05-14-2007 09:02 AM

sweet job

thisistank 05-14-2007 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by damdonzi (Post 2126854)
Looks great! Did you do a comparison of what the cost difference would be if you painted it?

I think what I have heard is that the intricate designs are where a wrap really pays off. Otherwise it's a wash.

I don't know about that. A wrap on a 38' foot boat with as much or as little design as you want is going to cost 3-5k. It'll last 2-5 years depending on how well it's taken care of.

I don't know anyone that would do any thing close to a "nice" paint job for 3-5k.

You're going to spend 25k+ for a decent paint job. You can wrap your boat with a new design every two years for 15+ years at that price.

redlinecat 05-14-2007 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by damdonzi (Post 2126854)

To paint my boat with some basic graphics was 25k+.

It was only 2800.00 to design and wrap the boat.

Thanks

Tony Montana 05-14-2007 10:20 AM

Looks good:cool: Do you feel like the wrap is going to hold up over time?

Magic Medicine 05-14-2007 10:20 AM

Looks great!

damdonzi 05-14-2007 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by fastercat (Post 2126920)
To paint my boat with some basic graphics was 25k+.

It was only 2800.00 to design and wrap the boat.

Thanks

That's a no brainer. Congrats again on a great final product.

damdonzi 05-14-2007 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2126909)
I don't know about that. A wrap on a 38' foot boat with as much or as little design as you want is going to cost 3-5k. It'll last 2-5 years depending on how well it's taken care of.

I don't know anyone that would do any thing close to a "nice" paint job for 3-5k.

You're going to spend 25k+ for a decent paint job. You can wrap your boat with a new design every two years for 15+ years at that price.

No I totally agree on getting anything "nice" for that kind of money is flat out impossible. Even if you did it yourself, and I certainly am no Dean Loucks, the time and materials still would be more. It's just what a couple of people had told me. The more complex the design was where paint prices skyrocket and wraps become a perfect alternative.

Thanks for the information. Before I sold my 28 Cigarette I called Sign-Zoo and got some prelimiary pricing. They were coming in around $5K installed. I guess prices have down in the last 18 months. And again, your boat looks fantastic. Encouraging to hear how this has held up since you put it on.