If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Post Troutly, Mississippi river dates

Are there any dates set yet for runs or events on the River for this Summer?

Also Are you heading down to LOTO for Memorial Weekend? Do you take the kid? From the pictures I saw I'm not sure if it a PG rated event to take my 5 year old to.

Lake Superior in July sound interesting. Do you go to The Appostle Islands? I've always wanted to do that run. Could be an OSO event????
    In-laws live in Marshfield, could drop the kid off and head up.

The first Friday in May is the Rat Run. We start at the Pioneer in Wabasha for Breakfast. You can start anywhere you want and join the group. Everyone meets at a beach in Lake City. Then we head north to Red Wing and then back. We hit some beaches and bars on the way up and down. It's an annual event and has been going on since before my time. It was cancelled last year because of the high water. The year before if I remember correctly there where 50 boats and about 80 people at the beach. Oh yeah and NO WOMEN. Seriously it has been a men only event since its inseption.

We will be having a small Poker run sometime this summer too. Last year was the first year. It was headed up by Wildchild212 and his wife. We only had 14 boats but it was only the group of us from our campground. I'm hoping this year the invitaion will be extended to more people.

My Boats:
    95 baja
    Rochester, MN

poker run last year was a trial and error type deal, just wanted to get our feet wet and see how things went. Well they went pretty good and we will more then likely have another one in mid summer I will keep you guys informed as the boating season gets closer

Member #9 Charter Member hp500efi's Avatar
    Pewaukee, WI

Mark, keep me informed as well, if there is added room.

That run in the begining of May sounds good also except maybe for the cool weather

Member of the Liquid Jungle

Cool weather we can deal with, its the floating/half submerged trees its hard to handle. Should be an early season this year if the lack of cold and snow continue's.