Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fred @ Trick Marine?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/158371-fred-%40-trick-marine.html)

bowtie 05-16-2007 09:21 PM

Guys it's spring, the marine business is very busy now. Sometimes you get so busy you can't answer the phone and although you have good intentions of returning calls, when you get time it's usually 11 or 12 pm. There's no one on this board I'd rather do business with.

i

t500hps 05-16-2007 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by bowtie (Post 2130452)
Guys it's spring, the marine business is very busy now.

So orders placed in Nov, messed up with 3 shipments that had to be returned, and then gave up for another vendor in March is the busy season too?
I really like talking to Fred......I just can't count on them to do what they say.

Brent Medley 05-16-2007 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2130464)
So orders placed in Nov, messed up with 3 shipments that had to be returned, and then gave up for another vendor in March is the busy season too?
I really like talking to Fred......I just can't count on them to do what they say.

EXACTLY!! I don't care if Fred is a distributor or what the case may be.....if he took the order.....take care of the customer.....if it's busy season, hire additional help to process orders.........I promise, I'm done hammering on Fred for all you fans......oh, one more thing, my voicemail seems to work just fine at 11:00 or 12:00

t500hps 05-16-2007 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brent Medley (Post 2130488)
EXACTLY!!

My post wasn't hypothetical.......

Mange 05-17-2007 06:29 AM

Ok guys, Fred are a very nice person, I like him alot. And nxt time I go over the pod I'll will visit him. But now is now and we have a 357SR1 who waiting for their gauges. One 28 Magnum waiting for a throttle control. A other friend waiting for his life line jackets. And my angry electric engieneer waiting for gauges, trimpanel, indicators, fuel filter adapters, breathers bla bla bla.... My Arrow need to hit water in 30 days so I really need Fred to call me!!!
0046 708 71 04 05

The boat job is now down cuz of this and it makes me really stressed and sad.

Thanks
Mange

Tom A. 05-17-2007 06:30 AM

I just got my 3 Lifeline jackets yesterday ordered through Trick and they are awesome!
Fred was excelent to deal with, called me back promptly and hooked me up with great service and quick delivery.

Thanks Fred!:drink:

Phantom1 05-17-2007 07:07 AM

Let's see..............in the last five months Fred has lost a son in a car accident, sold his building in Cheraw, and relocated his home and business to Myrtle Beach.

Maybe he has dropped the ball once or twice during that time period. Personally, I can't imagine going through all that he has had to endure this year.

Mange 05-17-2007 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Phantom1 (Post 2130752)
Let's see..............in the last five months Fred has lost a son in a car accident...

Had that in my mind too. Thats actually bigger things than a few missing boat parts...

But we still need our parts....

offshoresteve 05-17-2007 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Phantom1 (Post 2130752)
Let's see..............in the last five months Fred has lost a son in a car accident, sold his building in Cheraw, and relocated his home and business to Myrtle Beach.

Maybe he has dropped the ball once or twice during that time period. Personally, I can't imagine going through all that he has had to endure this year.

I agree totally! Most people would have quit the business after going through what he has in the past year.My experience with Fred has been nothing but the best.:drink:

jtmiller02 05-17-2007 05:38 PM

I live about 5 miles from his new shop and if i'm not out on the water working all day tomorrow I'll stop by and check on him. I don't have much spare time working as a captain full time but if theres something i can do to give him a hand i'll be happy to help.

Also keep in mind this week is harley davidson week in myrtle beach and it is very very difficult to get things done with the crowds. He is very close to the worst of the traffic and getting UPS and FedEx on time can even be tough this week.