Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fred @ Trick Marine?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/158371-fred-%40-trick-marine.html)

yesrej 05-18-2007 10:21 AM

i have ordered a few things from fred at trick. i did have a little bit of a problem getting one part and when i called i talked to james and he promised me i would have it that day. not even a minute later i got it. i had to call hi back cause i felt like an ass. i am now waiting for a new set of cup holders i ordered last week but i know they will be here soon. i keep going back to trick because i have met fred and james and they are great people and really you cant beat there prices. i have gotten great deals and will continue to go with fred.

jtmiller02 05-18-2007 03:10 PM

I stopped by today and Fred wasn't in but James and the girls were hard at work packing and shipping orders. Other than the fact every manufacturer is typically backed up with orders this time of year from procrastinators everything is business as usual. I'd suggest a friendly phone call to the girls if I were you.

NASCAT 05-18-2007 03:43 PM

I'm a repeat customer having done business w/ Fred, James & or Heath w/ no problems to date including processing returns & credits.

Audiofn 05-18-2007 04:17 PM

This seems to come up about onece a month or other month or so.

It always amazes me when some one gets on the site and says WOW Fred is the best he just sent me a .... (insert very small order) and I got it right away..... :D

I however have to imagine that he also ships a very large number of multiple piece orders and have to also imagine that they ship a good number of orders each day. I know of a few issues that they have had but heck if he ships 50 orders a day and we are only hearing about a few once in a while......

As some one that is finding it impossible to get a contractor that I gave a lot of money to return my phone calls I know just how far a returned phone call would go.

Pure Energy 05-18-2007 05:13 PM

I have placed numerous orders and no complaints. What I'm concerned about is Fred will always respond to any OSO thread or post related to him or his business.

He has always given me 100% of himself, so I hope all is well with him.

Phantom1 05-18-2007 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pure Energy (Post 2132757)
He has always given me 100% of himself, so I hope all is well with him.

I think everyone got spoiled. He was too accessible early on, and then everyone expected to get straight to him, and bullchit for an hour. As his business grew, he needed to delegate some of the communication responsibilities to his employees and some clients seemed to feel slighted.

cuda 05-18-2007 08:45 PM

I've had nothing but great service from Fred.

RollWithIt 05-19-2007 04:18 AM

Maybe he's been out boating!? :p :D

I got an order in with them too. But its a small one and not keeping me from boating. So no biggie. Im sure they will get to it when they can. I know how the seasonal thing goes being in the boat biz myself.

Viper31 05-19-2007 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Phantom1 (Post 2132915)
I think everyone got spoiled. He was too accessible early on, and then everyone expected to get straight to him, and bullchit for an hour. As his business grew, he needed to delegate some of the communication responsibilities to his employees and some clients seemed to feel slighted.

I think Phantom1 hit the nail on the head. All of us tend to treat Fred like our own personal parts man because he is no BS guy, unlike many in the marine business. I have been working on my Dad's street rods for years and getting aftermarket parts for them can be much slower than Trick, and these companies are usually much larger than Trick Marine. Fred is one of the best is the business IMO. Doller and BAM are great also.

yesrej 05-19-2007 09:15 AM

to me i would think this has to be the biggest time of year for him. i know i will get my order and am not worried. its not a big order and is not keeping me from boating so it doesnt bother me if it takes a little longer.