Notices

Fred @ Trick Marine??

Old 06-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs down

I was raised to not say anything if I had nothing good to say, and I am TRYING to follow that rule. Just need some follow-up or at least a credit so I can get what I need elsewhere.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getchasum111
He is the man....good prices and does what he says....he has had much going on in the last few months....just call him...he will make it right....Chip........
I agree with most of this. He has good prices, and he's very professional and nice over the phone. As far as calling him and making it right..............well, you better be ready to call at least 20 times. I waited on a dash panel for 3 months, and was told no less than 10 times that "it will be there tomorrow, I promise, 100% guarantee" which got pretty frustrating after 2 or three times. I've bitten my tongue and kept my mouth shut about this until now, and believe me, I was d*mn pissed throughout the entire process. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and let him jerk me around for 3 months, but only because his service has been perfect in the past. Nonetheless, if I told any of my clients the kind of stuff he and his employees filled me with, I would be poor and hungry on the streets. That being said, it's obvious that there is a problem with the service, simply from the sheer amount of threads on here talking about this very issue. I just hope that Fred can take a little constructive criticism and try to be more true to his word, and a little more punctual. That's all. I'm still being nice guys.........trying.........

If he had told me when I placed my order that it would be 3 months......no problem. The problem came when he told me.......no, assured me over and over that it would arrive, and it didn't.

Fred- btw, I got my panel finally, and it looks great. Hope next time is quicker. Thanks.

My .02
Old 06-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bsirk
I agree with most of this. He has good prices, and he's very professional and nice over the phone. As far as calling him and making it right..............well, you better be ready to call at least 20 times. I waited on a dash panel for 3 months, and was told no less than 10 times that "it will be there tomorrow, I promise, 100% guarantee" which got pretty frustrating after 2 or three times. I've bitten my tongue and kept my mouth shut about this until now, and believe me, I was d*mn pissed throughout the entire process. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and let him jerk me around for 3 months, but only because his service has been perfect in the past. Nonetheless, if I told any of my clients the kind of stuff he and his employees filled me with, I would be poor and hungry on the streets. That being said, it's obvious that there is a problem with the service, simply from the sheer amount of threads on here talking about this very issue. I just hope that Fred can take a little constructive criticism and try to be more true to his word, and a little more punctual. That's all. I'm still being nice guys.........trying.........

If he had told me when I placed my order that it would be 3 months......no problem. The problem came when he told me.......no, assured me over and over that it would arrive, and it didn't.

Fred- btw, I got my panel finally, and it looks great. Hope next time is quicker. Thanks.

My .02

My experience exactly. Fred needs to do some problem solving in this area. Commit to what you say then do what you commit..... thats all, quite simple. If you can't do it, don't commit to it.

Also, I agree on the cult following inhibiting people from speaking their mind on this topic. I've been around here longer than most in the cult, so it makes no nevermind to me. I just hope Fred gets it right. He seems to be a top notch guy with a love for the sport.

BT
Old 06-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Registered

Just an update: It's no secret that Fred loves what he does, and obviously has a deep devotion to his job. After reading my last post from yesterday afternoon, he called me, but unfortunately got my voicemail. He was explaining that orders for custom dash panels (like the one I was waiting on) were such a problem that he was not going to continue to provide them. He realized that the manufacturing of these panels was causing such a delay within his company, that he just did away with them. He took himself out of a profitable niche market so that he could avoid problems with customers in the future...........a whole lot more effort than most performance stores would put forth to make their clients happy. So, Fred as it may have seemed that I was completely pissed, and have totally written Trick Marine off, the truth is quite the opposite. I was frustrated, and needed a little rant, but what I failed to mention was that the last time I ordered from Trick the service was far above the bar. I placed an order for a steering wheel at around 3 in the afternoon, and literally two days later it was sitting on my porch. Top notch service. And as far as Trick marine maybe having a "cult following" I see now that it's probably true, and due to customers being treated like real people. I guess what I'm saying is that we shouldn't totally discredit a business due to one slow transaction, or because of what others on this site say. Throughout my entire wait, Fred offered me a full refund repeatedly, but my hard-headedness kept me waiting. So, after all of my experiences with Trick Marine in the past few months, I'll likely be a customer for life. Great people.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always had great service from Fred. He has always been Johny on the spot with the order taking and delivery.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Fred's the MAN! He's dedicated, customer-focused, and genuine. No BS!

I've placed about a dozen orders with Trick, and they've all been perfectly to my satisfaction.

One can be 99.9% perfect, but there's always going to be that one or two times when things get screwed up. That's life.

You can successfully complete 999 out of a thousand orders, but it's always that one flub that gets all the attention.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Fred's the MAN! He's dedicated, customer-focused, and genuine. No BS!

I've placed about a dozen orders with Trick, and they've all been perfectly to my satisfaction.

One can be 99.9% perfect, but there's always going to be that one or two times when things get screwed up. That's life.

You can successfully complete 999 out of a thousand orders, but it's always that one flub that gets all the attention.
Yes that's my experience with doing business with Fred as well but I still do need my Life jackets! 2.5 months is too long!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Default Trick Marine

I placed my first order for two sets of valve covers with Fred and he was great to deal with. Shortly after that I placed an order for two air cleaners and got the run around for a couple weeks before they shipped me two air cleaners missing parts. It has been a couple months now and I still havent received a credit from them.

Wes

Last edited by wnelles; 09-06-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Registered

Still no lifejackets...

Fred?! What's going on? I know Mange has phoned and emailed you about this, but still nothing!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin
Still no lifejackets...

Fred?! What's going on? I know Mange has phoned and emailed you about this, but still nothing!
Still nothing...

Quick Reply: Fred @ Trick Marine??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.