Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fred @ Trick Marine?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/158371-fred-%40-trick-marine.html)

Mange 05-16-2007 05:18 AM

Fred @ Trick Marine??

Does someone knows were Fred are? Been trying to contact him for 1 week with out result..
45 days of waiting for some stuff...

Please Fred, call me 0046 708 71 04 05
(look at your fax)

Thanks

Mange

Brent Medley 05-16-2007 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mange (Post 2129282)
Does someone knows were Fred are? Been trying to contact him for 1 week with out result..
45 days of waiting for some stuff...

Please Fred, call me 0046 708 71 04 05
(look at your fax)

Thanks

Mange

I've also been waiting for 2 items to complete a $1300 order. My order was also placed 40+ days ago also. I've called Trick no less than 10 times regarding the order. Very frustrating........if I ran my business that way there's no way I could afford a boat for a toy.....or anything else for that matter! One of the guages that I did receive has a nick in the outer rim which under normal circumstances I would send back but I'm afraid I won't see a new one till who knows when! So much for getting my dash redone before Memorial weekend!:mad:

tomcei 05-16-2007 06:38 PM

I don't think Fred wants it to be this way. He seems to be a good guy. I know first hand how a small business can tail spin. Especially if the employees stink.I'm sure he will make it right. Unfortunatelly that doesn't take the sting out of my boat building plans either
I also have been waiting. :(

36spectre 05-16-2007 07:11 PM

HONEST=FRED=GENTLEMAN!
otto

Gizmo 05-16-2007 07:16 PM

In Fred's defence, I can say that he will make good your orders. I have made several purchases with him. Only once, there was an issue. Yes, it took some time to get it resolved, but I feel that there was a communication breakdown within his staff. After I talked directly to Fred, the issue was taken care of in a speedy, professional manner. my .02 worth :D

Marginmn 05-16-2007 07:17 PM

My experiences ordering from Fred have always been first rate. His is a distributor so maybe his supplier for that particular item is dropping the ball. If that's the case there is only so much he can do.

BARCOASTAL 05-16-2007 07:33 PM

I second that ...fred is solid, very good, your situation sucks, but Fred will defiantely come thru... good luck!

AIR TIME 05-16-2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 36spectre (Post 2130240)
HONEST=FRED=GENTLEMAN!
otto

Fred=a good person also:D
how true, don't for get fred moved so there might be a little slow on some stuff. and he will get back to you. on some parts there 3rd party os if the manf is held up fred would be held up.we are lucky fred came along to sell it brought prices back to where they should be:D

Brent Medley 05-16-2007 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 2130311)
Fred=a good person also:D
how true, don't for get fred moved so there might be a little slow on some stuff. and he will get back to you. on some parts there 3rd party os if the manf is held up fred would be held up.we are lucky fred came along to sell it brought prices back to where they should be:D

No doubt Fred is knowledgeable and very personable. He seems more interested in selling you what you really need than just making a sale - and I greatly appreciate that. Still that's no excuse for 5-6 phone calls leaving messages before a return call..........I'm patient and easy to get along with....as a consumer I just want to know where I stand. I too run my own business so I've been trying to give him the benefit of doubt that my customers don't always give me (even though I rarely leave myself open to that susceptability).

Donzi35ZR 05-16-2007 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Brent Medley (Post 2130438)
No doubt Fred is knowledgeable and very personable. He seems more interested in selling you what you really need than just making a sale - and I greatly appreciate that. Still that's no excuse for 5-6 phone calls leaving messages before a return call..........I'm patient and easy to get along with....as a consumer I just want to know where I stand. I too run my own business so I've been trying to give him the benefit of doubt that my customers don't always give me (even though I rarely leave myself open to that susceptability).

I am sorry that you having problem but my experinence was completely different. I called Fred this morning for the very first time and he was on the phone but returned my phone call within 15 mins later. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. I will definitely buy more from him.