Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   KIDSTUF to break endurance record SF to LB (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15851-kidstuf-break-endurance-record-sf-lb.html)

shifter 01-09-2002 11:57 PM

KIDSTUF to break endurance record SF to LB

Colby Klein and Scot Conrad are planning to break the San Francisco to Marina del ray contiuing to an additional record ay the entrance of Long Beach breakwater.
they are trying to do this in less than 5 hours. That is averaging 100 mph. There will be a fuel stop along the way.
They are having a meeting tonite at Colby's place. I will get them to get the details together and some more info tomorrow.
The current unofficial record is 5 hrs 57 min to Marina del ray(Nordskog-Teague. This should take place in the 1st week of Feb.
They are trying to kick start summer.
pat W

Mike J 01-10-2002 03:46 PM

WHOS DRIVES??????
Mike J. ;)

Ron P 01-10-2002 04:32 PM

Sounds interesting. Any more details like the kind of boat and equipment.

Who will sanction or make this an official time for the record books?

cigarette1 01-10-2002 05:27 PM

KidStuff is a 36' Skater w/#6 drives.

BODYSHOT1 01-10-2002 06:12 PM

the last race I saw with them, Kid Stuff was the former Fountain/Mercury 36 Skater..actually had Gilbreath throttling..is that the boat??

boot 01-10-2002 06:45 PM

Cool ! I love a chalenge ! GIve us more news when you can . THanks !

cigarette1 01-10-2002 07:19 PM

I don't think KidStuff is the ex-Fountain/Skater. Kidstuff has been running on the POPBRA circut for at least 3+ seasons.

I reserve the right to be wrong :cool:

BODYSHOT1 01-10-2002 07:38 PM

I know they had their own boat, but the race I saw on Speedvision, Pittsburgh (?)in N.California, the announcers said they were running the Fountain/Mercury..maybe it was just for that race??..

cigarette1 01-10-2002 07:47 PM

I guess we'll find out sooner or later :cool:

Last year Rique Ford was talking about putting on a race from SF to MDR. I wonder if this event was sprung from that idea OR is this event going to be a RACE ... now that would be cool. Rique held the throttles for Coby during the last two seasons but when he spoke of the race, he was going to do it in his small outboard Skater

I do know that I will be on the water that day, running around between Long Beach and MDR. That would be about the last 40 miles of the event(Race).

G

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Cigarette 1 **** Original Member ]

cigarette1 01-10-2002 07:50 PM

And as far as Kick Starting Summer, we will be doing just that on 18th of this month with the un-offical Catalina PolarBear Ski Race.

Why wait for February to start the Summer :eek: :D :cool:

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Cigarette 1 **** Original Member ]