Notices

Living at Lake Havasu

Old 05-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDog382
The political thing is a big concern. As medical director of the ED, I would be dealing with this on a daily basis. Can't say I am innately politically saavy, just been around a lot and have seen many things done differently and know what works and what doesn't, at least in the medical field.
I think you're too scared to move down here with the big kids.....
Old 05-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you're from the LOTO area and are probably missing some teeth, you will fit right in with the locals!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I think you're too scared to move down here with the big kids.....

Greg,

Would love too! Just that us docs that save the rest of the world don't make enough to pay the property insurance for a postage stamp lot on the water.

Still plan to visit again soon, though!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Since you're from the LOTO area and are probably missing some teeth, you will fit right in with the locals!
Nort,

Have heard some less than desirable things about the locals in Havasu. What can you tell me about this?

Looking for someone spunky and fun, but with a little class I can have a conversation with afterwards.

Thought there would be transients out of Vegas/LA to hook up with out there ... ?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered

Since our vacation house was completed almost two years ago we have spent about every other weekend there and have become very familiar with the area.
It is was it is - it can be a very beatiful place for the boater and the ramp situation is easy to figure out.
Could be a great change of pace

Dave
Old 05-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, if you do go and try it out, rent something first, don't buy. There are plenty of nice homes there for sale and it's a BIG TIME buyers market. I just sold a house that I bought two years ago. It took seven months to do it and I only got a few grand more than I paid. So, rent first, other wise you'll get stuck with the property.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Are you single? There aren't a lot of quality single women who want to live isolated out in the middle of the desert. Dating is bad enough in Los Angeles. I can't even imagine what Havasu would be like.

Michael
Old 05-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Registered

From the time I've spent there it's slow kind of "local yocal". The restaurants are slow and basic except for Shagrue's and maybe a few others (I'm guessing there are more good restaurants). Definately hot even for a Phoenician. Plus'-it is fun and beautiful in it's own way. Plenty of great boating and fun people.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

I've lived in LA for the past 20 years, and I've done most of my boating in Havasu. Seriously considered moving there recently. All previous pros/cons comments apply. Ended up moving to KC last August, and am looking foward to LOTO going foward. Much different from Havasu, and has its own issues, but is very nice overall -- and you can purchase lakefront property (not the case in Havasu). OK, so it snows and gets cold out here during the winter -- but it's not prolonged, and you can be back on the water in April.

Have spent considerable time looking for lakefront homes at LOTO, and just purchased one. Obviously better RE values in this part of the country compared to out West,....and I can confirm that there are plenty of folks out here with teeth...just like you and me.

I2D
Old 05-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Registered

I own two businesses in Havasu. The people are down to earth and boating is a lifestyle... not just a hobby. You learn what weekends to go out on the water and what weekends to play in the pool. We could use a few good doctors...(We could use a few okay doctors). I would spend a week and make sure it is for you before making the move. Vegas is two hours away and getting closer with the new bridge. Storage for toys is no problem. Buy a house with a 4000sqft garage so you can keep your pride and joy on the premises. Feel free to call when you are coming to town and I can give you a tour
928-505-TOYS
Matthew W. DeLisio
Smugglersinc.com

Quick Reply: Living at Lake Havasu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.