If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    ...sooner than I think...I hope...
    30,000 Islands Georgian Bay Ontario Canada
    I like the Sutphens and the Sunsations if you want to go a couple feet longer. Great in the rough stuff for their size

My Boats:
    long island, newyork
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I can't believe that no one has suggested a 35 Fountain. Now that is a nice 30 foot boat!!!!!
    like this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    2000 Fountain 32 Sportfish Cruiser
    Sunland, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael1 View Post
    I agree with everything you said. I am considering twins because it would be for ocean use (Pacific), and the thought of an engine/drive failure out there makes me a bit nervous.

BTW, I am looking at I/Os, and was looking for new, because I'm picky, and I'm on the West Coast, and most boats are on the East Coast (costs about $1500 a pop just to look).

You know that I burn a lot of fuel on the Pacific, and I've got twin engines in my 32 Fountain for the same reasons.

If I stayed along the coast, or just went in rivers, I'd for sure only consider a single. In fact, I know what I would get -- a Howard 28.

But I go out around the islands... When it comes down to it, I am sure my next boat will be twin too. Bigger, but twins.

28 Apache, and yes there is a new one for sale if you insist on new. contact Magnum Mark for details.

Active Thunder would be another excellent choice for offshore.

Newbury Park, CA
    Unfortunately, 30 ft. of hull length (less drive) is my maximum, due to maneuvering room available at my home.

Also, is the Sutphen website up to date? They only list 21 to 26 feet from what I can see.

Last edited by Michael1; 05-18-2007 at 08:43 PM.

My Boats:
    Ilmor Outerlimits
    Bristol, RI

They are the way to go for ruff water. For that range, single I'd go for a 29/30 Activator and twin I'd look for a used 30 Cigarette or a new Sutphen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123