Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire >

Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Notices

Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by cougarman
Do you ever talk to Larry anymore? That was a great looking sonic with some bad Azz power. Seems the were 700 plus cubic inch naturally aspirated with the #6's.

Once he started racing cars never seen the boat anymore.

Heard Bob was so mad with the nitrous trick that he desided to sell running hot, not sure if it's true but thats always been the rumor on the pond. Jon
Jon, you're close, but you have the wrong guy. Just to set the story straight....It was Jimmy Ariola ("SAVAGE") with his 38' Cougar who was pretty well bent after being beaten by Larry with his 41' Sonic and 700+ cubed nitrous engines.

Larry was an EXTREMELY SERIOUS offshore boater---always wore what looked like a race driver's jump suit while working on his engines in his boat---saw him many times with it on in Saugatuck and South Haven while pleasure boating or tied up at the dock there. And he pretty much knew that Jimmy the "SAVAGE" was one of the top dogs on Lake Michigan. Jim was a pretty cool, but confident guy and probably one of the premier guys on Lake Michigan to have superchargers for a marine application on his 598cid engines. I remember many people didn't believe it until they actually saw it. Anyway, it took the nitrous for Larry to finaly beat Jimmy, but I think it took place in August over in Chicago during the air show or Venitian Festival. It was after that summer Jim put his boat up for sale and ceased his fearless roar!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

How were the older 41 sonics as far as speed and ride back in the day? Curious how it would run with 700CI nitrous fed motors?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:24 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Runnin Hot Racing Bill can tell everyone the real reason that Bob Harris sold the boat.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 04-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Jon, you're close, but you have the wrong guy. Just to set the story straight....It was Jimmy Ariola ("SAVAGE") with his 38' Cougar who was pretty well bent after being beaten by Larry with his 41' Sonic and 700+ cubed nitrous engines.

Larry was an EXTREMELY SERIOUS offshore boater---always wore what looked like a race driver's jump suit while working on his engines in his boat---saw him many times with it on in Saugatuck and South Haven while pleasure boating or tied up at the dock there. And he pretty much knew that Jimmy the "SAVAGE" was one of the top dogs on Lake Michigan. Jim was a pretty cool, but confident guy and probably one of the premier guys on Lake Michigan to have superchargers for a marine application on his 598cid engines. I remember many people didn't believe it until they actually saw it. Anyway, it took the nitrous for Larry to finaly beat Jimmy, but I think it took place in August over in Chicago during the air show or Venitian Festival. It was after that summer Jim put his boat up for sale and ceased his fearless roar!

Anybody got and picks of "Savage" I remember see that boat when I was a kid running around the docks in Michigan City.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

My best bud has SAVAGE and she will be on the waters here in west michigan this summer. She will be coming back standing tall.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nykamp
My best bud has SAVAGE and she will be on the waters here in west michigan this summer. She will be coming back standing tall.
AWESOME!

I know of a 32 hustler with ASD's for sale in indiana. Almost bought it, but the idea of a 100+ mph capable 32' boat scared me. Not ready for that just yet!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:46 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
AWESOME!

I know of a 32 hustler with ASD's for sale in indiana. Almost bought it, but the idea of a 100+ mph capable 32' boat scared me. Not ready for that just yet!
Was that "Homewrecker"?? the red one??
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 04-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
Was that "Homewrecker"?? the red one??

Yep. Thats the one.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=MILD THUNDER;2521269]AWESOME!

but the idea of a 100+ mph capable 32' boat scared me.

C'mon now Mild Ballz to the wall She was a very stable ride got a lil squirley (chine walkin ) at 90 and cleaned up at 97
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10x
I think Runnin Hot Racing Bill can tell everyone the real reason that Bob Harris sold the boat.
Hey BIG Daddy now thats funny : Bob Harris = 2 words and there not Merry Xmas Somebody buy that Badd Boy and have Offshore Ginger put her back together .....
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.