Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire >

Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Notices

Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Old 04-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
My best bud has SAVAGE and she will be on the waters here in west michigan this summer. She will be coming back standing tall.
Nykamp,

Could you post a pic of that boat if you have one. That is one of the offshores that stick out in my mind from when I was a kid. A couple of others are:
Bunbuster
Bone Shaker
Truckin
Billy the Kid
Water Fountain
Ditch Witch
Nytro
Ghetto Way

Last edited by Magic Medicine; 04-11-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
AWESOME!

I know of a 32 hustler with ASD's for sale in indiana. Almost bought it, but the idea of a 100+ mph capable 32' boat scared me. Not ready for that just yet!
Come on bro, 100 in a 32 not so scare. What about 140 in a 33 Daytona or 118 in a 22' Cat, now thats fast.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

How were the older 41 sonics as far as speed and ride back in the day? Curious how it would run with 700CI nitrous fed motors?

I asked Larry Once, at that point he had been to 104 and said he still had plenty left. This was before the nitrious trick

Jon
Old 04-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Come on bro, 100 in a 32 not so scare. What about 140 in a 33 Daytona or 118 in a 22' Cat, now thats fast.
I guess I was more scared for my passengers when the idea of buying it came up. I heard that the reason "savage" was sold was that the owner hit a wave the wrong way out there at 90 and someone went to the hospital. Being that my wife doesnt even swim, it would kill me to have a boat like that I couldnt hammer on! She was nervous doing 60 in my Excalibur 40!

The owner of "homewrecker" installed 427CI 500HP mills, he said the boat had 540CI's in it back in the day and broke 100, but was scary. He yanked em and said with the 427's it still runs 90-92. The boat is really awesome though.
Attached Thumbnails Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire-hustler.jpg   Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire-hustler2.jpg  
Old 04-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

I also remeber a red fountian (the dealer) out of Michigan City.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bunbuster
I also remeber a red fountian (the dealer) out of Michigan City.
Yep I remember that one. So did you own the Bun Buster Scarab once upon a time? If so that was the first performance boat I ever road on.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

I guess I was more scared for my passengers when the idea of buying it came up. I heard that the reason "savage" was sold was that the owner hit a wave the wrong way out there at 90 and someone went to the hospital.
Jim Ariola owned three different boats at 3 different times. ALL were named "SAVAGE". The first was a 9M Carrera w/TRS drives, then 32' Hustler with Arnesons, and finally the 38' Cougar with #4 SSM's. It was after he came off that wave that he sold the Hustler to Matt "Malandrino" and bought the Cougar. He said that 32' Hustler with Arnesons was a very dangerous boat.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Jon, you're close, but you have the wrong guy. Just to set the story straight....It was Jimmy Ariola ("SAVAGE") with his 38' Cougar who was pretty well bent after being beaten by Larry with his 41' Sonic and 700+ cubed nitrous engines.

Larry was an EXTREMELY SERIOUS offshore boater---always wore what looked like a race driver's jump suit while working on his engines in his boat---saw him many times with it on in Saugatuck and South Haven while pleasure boating or tied up at the dock there. And he pretty much knew that Jimmy the "SAVAGE" was one of the top dogs on Lake Michigan. Jim was a pretty cool, but confident guy and probably one of the premier guys on Lake Michigan to have superchargers for a marine application on his 598cid engines. I remember many people didn't believe it until they actually saw it. Anyway, it took the nitrous for Larry to finaly beat Jimmy, but I think it took place in August over in Chicago during the air show or Venitian Festival. It was after that summer Jim put his boat up for sale and ceased his fearless roar!
Thanks for the correction Mark

Ready to get that loud beast out yet ?

Jon
Old 04-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Nykamp,

Could you post a pic of that boat if you have one. That is one of the offshores that stick out in my mind from when I was a kid. A couple of others are:
Bunbuster
Bone Shaker
Truckin
Billy the Kid
Water Fountain
Ditch Witch
Nytro
Ghetto Way
I remember many of those names myself!!! A few others were "Wet N Wild" (42' Fountain), "TOP BANANA" (31' Excaliber), "Conquest" (38' Wellcraft flat deck), "RAMBO" (32' Baja), "The Dealer" (31' Excaliber), "Malandrino" (9M Carrera), "Offshore Horror" (30' Scarab), "POLTERGIEST" 38' Wellcraft w/tripple engines, "ME BAD" (42' Excaliber),...
Old 04-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ghetto Way was my uncles boat and now a good friend still has it . 26' Left hand drive Donzi with small blocks . 65mph all day long .. Funny thing is Donzi tried to nut it back a few years ago but claims they never built it.

Quick Reply: Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.