Another Boat Scammer Exposed

Old 05-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Another Boat Scammer Exposed

Inquired about a JetSki on Craigslist and this is the response I got:

Dear Client,

Sorry for my delayed response, but I'm in Glasgow, Scotland right now and I have been very busy for the last couple of days. Anyway, thank you for your interest in buying my SeaDoo. The jetski is located in US right now and has US papers. Why is the price so low? I am going through a divorce, and I had to move out of USA. So all that I want to do now is to sell the jetski at this price, because I need to sell it fast.

I will tell you a few words about my jetski...
It has only 13 hours and it is in immaculate condition, rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor runs very well. This jetski needs nothing! Only fresh water!!!
I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at my disposal. I already have tones of emails so I hope you understand that I need to sort them out. The jetski is like new, in perfect condition, accident free, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever. Just ready to be yours, but only if you shall understand and you won't make me loose time as it has already happened to me.

The price is $2,900 USD. THIS IS MY LAST PRICE. I will not negotiate the price!
Also, I take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the jetski, to be sure that I'm not waisting my time with endless discussions. This way, I'll be assured of the serious intentions.
So if you are interested please email me!

Please click here for more photos:
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ADOO2003GTXSC/

Regards,
Martin Ballard

I sent a response stating I lived in NJ where the Ski supposedly was and had cash in hand. His respose was:

Hello there,

Look how we will do this:
Before leaving I had prearranged shipping with WorldPay so my presence in US isn't necessary.
The jetski is in a WorldPay warehouse in US(Texas), ready for delivery. I will offer a 5 day period to inspect the jetski from the moment you receive it from the shipping company.

So if you want to make this deal I will need the following details from you:
full name and address
shipping address
phone #
After I will have all this details I will forward them to WorldPay and I will proceed the order. The jetski will arrive to you with a lawyer from WorldPay and he will help you with all the documents.
WorldPay will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that I am covered by them and if I am legit seller. Waiting your email with the requested details.

Best Regards,
Martin Ballard

I replied,
This is the worst SCAM I have ever heard.
How f***ing stupid do you think I am?[
COLOR="red"][/COLOR]

Just thought I would share it with my OSO brothers and sisters!
Old 05-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

you should have strung him along more by saying something like "Thats fantastic as i'm leaving for Tx tonight for business for 2 weeks and could make time to go see the ski before purchase!" and see where it jumps to then! lol

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I missing something? I don't see where he is asking for the money prior to sending you the Jet Ski??? So where is the scam? Naturally, you would not pay for it prior to delivery...

Respectfully, Mark
Old 05-18-2007, 08:06 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Tom I guess you told him how you felt
I replied,
Old 05-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mark
Am I missing something? I don't see where he is asking for the money prior to sending you the Jet Ski??? So where is the scam? Naturally, you would not pay for it prior to delivery...

Respectfully, Mark
The boat was listed in the local NJ Craigslist, said it wasalways a freshwater NJ Ski, and said it could be viewed any time in its NJ location. Then looking at the pics, they had MD Reg. #s followed by the boat is actually in Tx.??????
I am supposed to give all my personal info to "WorldPay" that's where the money comes in!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bojoe2
Tom I guess you told him how you felt
I replied,

It's been a long couple weeks at work and I found a good outlet to vent!

Hope your feeling better Joe!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:50 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You ever notice how these scams always seem to have that same foreign accent,who falls for this chit anyway I would love to catch one of these mother F$#%*#'s
Old 05-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Registered

I played some also,

Hello,

WorldPay will supervise our transaction and will insure that everything is 100% safe. I forwarded your information to WorldPay. They will shortly contact you with all the transaction details(2 notifications). Please let me know after they will contact you to confirm we have a deal. Please follow their instructions exactly and make the payment. Immediately after they confirm me that they hold your payment, I will proceed with shipping the jetski to you.

Note that this is a QUICK SALE, who pays for it gets it, no questions asked, my terms are clear and if you have the money you can have your jetski!

Respectfully,
Martin Ballard
Old 05-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Registered

And more,

A WorldPay Seal Member in good standing
since 13-11-2004.

Identity and/or Contact Information Verified.
Continues to meet strict Seal Membership Criteria.
Committed to Dispute Resolution and Mediation.
Item #B3A4115968 is backed by WorldPay's
Buyer Protection Policy - up to 20,000.00 USD.
Please respond to this email with information regarding your case, complaints or payment details contact us

Sea Doo 2003 GTX-SC "SuperCharged" Red
Hours: 13

Step 1:
The buyer and seller agree to the terms and details of the transaction. Step 2:
The buyer sends payment to WorldPay. Payment is verified and deposited into a trust account. Step 3:
WorldPay ships the merchandise to the buyer, knowing that the buyer's payment is secured. Step 4:
The buyer accepts the merchandise after having the opportunity to inspect it. Step 5:
WorldPay pays the seller after all conditions of the transaction are met.

WorldPay Purchase Protection Payment Instructions

Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms
* Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the merchandise, sale price and any shipping information.
Buyer deposit the money to WorldPay using Western Union
* The Buyer submits a payment, selecting Western Union to our WorldPay Agent from Scotland, UK.
WorldPay Ships Merchandise
* Upon payment verification, WorldPay web site is authorized to ship merchandise and submit tracking information. WorldPay verifies that the Buyer receives the merchandise.
Buyer Accepts the Merchandise
* The Buyer has the option to accept or reject the merchandise.
WorldPay Pays the Seller
* WorldPay pays the Seller by cashier's check, Western Union or wire transfer. The transaction is complete. WorldPay web site, an accredited company, acts as a secure third party to protect the Buyer and Seller. Using Western Union to pay for your purchase may also expedite your transaction. Payments get there quickly, which means you may get your goods fast. Buyer and Seller will receive email confirmations, when the payment is sent.
WorldPay SafeHarbor takes several steps to protect both the Buyer and Seller against fraud:
* All shipments are tracked to ensure the Seller shipped and the Buyer received the merchandise.
* If the merchandise is fraudulent, it gives the Buyer the chance to return the merchandise before payment is released to the Seller.

Transaction Details:
Sea Doo 2003 GTX-SC "SuperCharged" Red

Sale price: US $2,900.00
Quantity: 1
Deposit: US $2,900.00 [PENDING]
Shipping & Handling: US $0.00
Insurance: Included.
Sales tax: US $0.00.

Buyer Details

Full Name: XXXXXXXXXXX
Address: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
City/State: CCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Zip: MMMMMM

How to make the payment:

1) Locate the nearest Western Union Office.
2) Make the payment with cash using our agent details as receiver.
WorldPay Representative

Full Name: David Muller
City/State: Glasgow - Scotland
Zip: G2 8LL

3) E-mail us the following details from the payment receipt:
- Money Transfer Control Number - 10 digits number from the receipt
- Sender Name and Address
- Receiver Name (WorldPay Agent)
- Amount
4) Send us the copy of the payment receipt through fax at: +1 (469) 533-1643

* Then wait for the confirmation the payment was received. The seller will have access to the payment once we have received your confirmation. Within 1 business days, you will receive the tracking number for your merchandise.

Package Information Tracking Number Pending
Note: You will receive the Tracking Number after the payment is confirmed and the parcel will be in transit.

* Once we receive the payment confirmation, we will start the shipping process. We will hold the payment until you will receive and inspect the merchandise. As soon as we will receive your confirmation we will release the payment to your seller.

If you have any questions please contact us and we will try our best to respond promptly.

Why Participate in a WorldPay Managed Transaction (STMT)
Absolutely Free - there is no cost to you.
Unbiased and Neutral - WorlPay is an objective third party. Highly effective in completing a successful transaction.
Simple and Quick - most transactions settle within 5 days with less than 2 hours of total time from you.
This communication contains proprietary business information and may contain confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,
WorldPay Support Financial Department

Phone #: (+1) (469) 575-5260.
Fax #: (+1) (469) 533-1643.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2007 WorldPay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
WorldPay and the WorldPay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of WorldPay
Old 05-21-2007, 05:00 AM
Registered

Default hahaha

Same thing happened to me. Got the same email from an ad I saw on CRAIGSLIST here in TX went as follows

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm in Scotland right now and I have been very busy.Anyway,thank you for your interest in buying the car. The car is located in US right now and has US papers.Why is the price so low? I am going trough a divorce, and I had to move out of USA. I cannot register the car here, as it is made for USA, according to USA standards. So all that I want to do now is to sell the car at this price, because I need to sell it fast.The title is clean and you will have absolutely no problems to register the car in the States. I will tell you a few words about the car..
My 2002 GMC Yukon Denali with automatic transmission it is in immaculate condition with 74,536 miles and have the VIN number:1GKEK63U82J261962, rust free , no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor runs very well.The interior looks great.This car needs nothing,The title is clear ,it is not a salvage one.
I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at my disposal. I already have tones of emails so I hope you understand that I need to sort them out. The car is like new, in perfect conditions,accident free, no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever. a genuine road runner ready to be yours, but only if you shall understand and you won't make me loose time as it has already happened to me.
The price is $7,800 USD THIS IS MY LAST PRICE.I will not negociate the price.I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car ,to be sure that I don't waist my time with endless discussions.This way,I shall be assured of the serious intentions.So if you are interested please email me back.

If you like to see additional images with the car please click here : http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x..._03/?start=all

Regards!

~Patrick Gordon~

and the second email as follows

Hello,

I am sorry but the pick up and the test drive are not available because I am not in the country.Before leaving I had prearranged shipping with WorldPay so my presence in US isn't necessary.The car is in a warehouse of WorldPay in US, ready for delivery. In exchange I will offer a 5 day period of testing the car from the moment you receive it from the shipping company.So if you want to make this deal I will need the following details from you:
full name and address,
shipping address,
phone #
After I will have all this details I will forward them to WorldPay and I will proceed the order.WorldPay will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that I am covered by them and that i am legit seller.The car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, 2 sets of keys, service records, and of course the bill of sale notarised and signed by me.Waiting your email with the requested details.
Regards!!

~Patrick Gordon~

Sorry but I'm not paying for anything or letting them hold my money in some account without TESTING DRIVE IT.. Call me OLD FASHION.. LOL.. but I want to test drive before I buy.. Just had to 2nd on this for anybody else who has these phony ads and emails. if it's not a scam. i'm still not falling for it I need to see my car and test drive before i buy..

Quick Reply: Another Boat Scammer Exposed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.