Shipping issues with Trick Marine

Notices

Shipping issues with Trick Marine

Old 05-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donman
Here`s my .02 on this thread :

First off, I`ll admit that I`ve never bought anything from Trick Marine. I know he`s a sponsor on several boating sites, but for whatever reason I`ve never ordered from them.
Secondly: Exactly what purpose do you think this thread will serve ? Please tell me what you are expecting to gain by posting this information ?
You ask "Has anyone else had issues like this?" If someone posts on here that yes, in fact I have had problems, what will you get from that info ?

Not trying to start a controversy here, but I just get tired of seeing these type threads about someone whining or complaining about something like this. Get on the phone and call THE SUPPLIER. That should help a lot more than whining on a website.....

First off, I think the above is an absolutely rediculous reply to this post.

I have ordered from Trick and had absolutely great service. The parts came immediately, and when one part came with a minor inperfection, the new one was in my mailbox within 2 days.

That being said, it drives me up the wall when someone does have a legitimate issue, and some of the peanut gallery here decides that just because they personally had good service, the poster of the new thread must be a liar, cheat, pot stirrer, undercover agent of the "industry", etc. etc.

Maybe this post was b.s., but maybe it was real. The great thing about the internet and this site is that you get to hear all sides to every story. Usually, based on what the person posts, it is pretty easy for anyone with half a brain to intelligently decide if the poster is full of s@$t, or if there is some merit to what they are saying. That is why it needs to be posted. If you feel that there are problems, you take your business elsewhere. If you think it is b.s., than you proceed with business and everyone lives happily ever after.

This isn't directed at Trick, but at those of you who blindly insist that absolutlely no negatives can be posted of anyone, regardless of the facts. The negatives serve a purpose, and the power of this website when a "reputable" supplier is in the wrong, very frequently forces them to make things right if it needs to be. Maybe Trick is right (as they always have been with me), but maybe they were wrong. That doesn't automatically make the customer wrong until the facts are worked out. Leave it at that, and don't kill the messenger....

...especially when you have no real knowlege of the actual situation.

Last edited by JROMY; 05-24-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well put JROMY. I think that if you put some of these guys in his shoes they would all be doing the same thing. I have put some posts slamming guys on the board and let me tell you it has helped motivate those people to make thing right. So while you may call it useless whining it is not, often possitive results come from it.

Jon
Old 05-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JROMY

I have ordered from Trick and had absolutely great service. The parts came immediately, and when one part came with a minor inperfection, the new one was in my mailbox within 2 days.

That being said, it drives me up the wall when someone does have a legitimate issue, and some of the peanut gallery here decides that just because they personally had good service, the poster of the new thread must be a liar, cheat, pot stirrer, undercover agent of the "industry", etc. etc.

Maybe this post was b.s., but maybe it was real. The great thing about the internet and this site is that you get to hear all sides to every story. Usually, based on what the person posts, it is pretty easy for anyone with half a brain to intelligently decide if the poster is full of s@$t, or if there is some merit to what they are saying. That is why it needs to be posted. If you feel that there are problems, you take your business elsewhere. If you think it is b.s., than you proceed with business and everyone lives happily ever after.

This isn't directed at Trick, but at those of you who blindly insist that absolutlely no negatives can be posted of anyone, regardless of the facts. The negatives serve a purpose, and the power of this website when a "reputable" supplier is in the wrong, very frequently forces them to make things right if it needs to be. Maybe Trick is right (as they always have been with me), but maybe they were wrong. That doesn't automatically make the customer wrong until the facts are worked out. Leave it at that, and don't kill the messenger....

Great post. I like to hear the good and bad stories, not a bunch of kiss asses chiming in like a love fest. I have ordered from trick and it has came to me. Thats is what is suppose to happen. I like to know the horror stories and the ones where the customer service went beyond expectations. That gives the people on here more info to decided who to buy from.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

Trick Marine: 866 921 4553
My Personal Cell: 843 339 0023

Feel free to call with questions, comments or complaints.

I rarely have the time to read the forums.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Good point JRomy. Made me rethink my position a bit.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered

JRMOY makes a great case. Completely valid and well stated. But there's a flip-side to it:

Should a vendor have to come on here and defend himself simply because an unhappy customer, whose complaint may or may not be valid, has access to a computer and the internet?

And if the vendor doesn't address the issue in this forum, are we supposed to assume he's in the wrong?

That's a "guilty until proven innnocent" scenario, and at least in theory it's not how we do things in this country.

The saying, "The customer is always right" is a great service philosophy. It is not, as we all from our own businesses, a fact.

Worth considering that, as always, with power comes responsibility.

Last edited by 100-Plus; 05-25-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 AM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JROMY

good post

bottom line is you can't make everyone happy so decide for yourself
Old 05-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
JRMOY makes a great case. Completely valid and well stated. But there's a flip-side to it:

Should a vendor have to come on here and defend himself simply because an unhappy customer, whose complaint may or may not be valid, has access to a computer and the internet?

And if the vendor doesn't address the issue in this forum, are we supposed to assume he's in the wrong?

That's a "guilty until proven innnocent" scenario, and at least in theory it's not how we do things in this country.

The saying, "The customer is always right" is a great service philosophy. It is not, as we all from our own businesses, a fact.

Worth considering that, as always, with power comes responsibility.
We're not talkng about just any vendor, Fred is all over this site pimping his trinkets.
It's a double egded sword and he gets plenty of praise and but kissing. Once in while your going to have an un-happy customer too.

In the end it comes down to being the busiest time of the year for the dealers and suppliers of marine parts. That's not an excuse, it's just reality. Most poeple don't order parts in October or November, they wait until they need to be on lake in May with 90% of the rest of us.
Fred doesn't have a reputation for ripping people off, I'm sure with some communication with him he will make it right for you.
He posted his phone number, now give him a call and straighten this bs out.........
Old 05-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Registered

BadKachina,

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't defending Fred or any other vendor. My question was: Should a vendor have to come online to address every complaint? Not all complaints are valid ... I have no idea about the validity of the complaint in question on this thread.

And: If the vendor doesn't address the complaint online, are we to assume he's in the wrong? (I'd say not necessarily, but that's me.)

For me, the best course of action, and the best use of time, would be to first contact the vendor and try to resolve the situation before bringing it to the court of public opinion. But if I were still unhappy, you bet I'd bring it here, regardless of how liked or not-liked the vendor was on the forum.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Registered

I was rigging my boat back when Fred was just starting out. I ordered a lot of stuff from him and he made the whole process very easy. My parts came on time and Fred went out of his way to make sure everything was covered and at the best possible pricing. Whenever I called he answered the phone personally. Though we have not met personally, we shared occasional emails and phone calls on a variety of subjects.

Last year around this time I needed some parts. It was not a December project I could have planned. Of course I called Trick. The parts were supposed to be available and I was to receive them in a few days. Weeks passed before receiving them. It was probably an issue with the manufacturer. That's out of Fred's control. The problem was I called numerous times. My order couldn't be found, phone calls not returned as promised, "you should have it tomorrow", etc. Of course, I was spoiled and expected to speak to Fred directly but he was impossible to get ahold of. When I finally reached Fred I explained the situation and he took care of it - got my stuff in a few days. It was obvious from our converstation that he and his staff were swamped with work.

I hesitated to post this for many reasons. My business has also grown rapidly over the last few years and I fully understand the difficult position Fred is in. He's a victim of his own success. In my business we must deliver on time; it's our reputation. We've grown too big for me to address every project personally. I hired a person full time to do nothing but monitor projects and communicate with customers.

Problems are bound to arise, it's how you handle them that makes the difference. Bottom line, it's Fred's business and the buck stops with him. No excuses. It's Trick Marine now, not Fred Inc. If he needs to hire more people to get through the busy months then that's what he has to do. If the books are too tight maybe he needs to raise his prices so he can continue to provide the level of service we have all come to expect. I wish Fred continued success and I will order from Trick again.

Greg

Quick Reply: Shipping issues with Trick Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.