Cool Boss Coolee Experience? >

Cool Boss Coolee Experience?

Notices

Cool Boss Coolee Experience?

Old 05-27-2023, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Cool Boss Coolee Experience?

Does anyone have first hand experience with this evaporative cooler? https://www.coolboss.com/portable-air-cooler

Cool Boss also produces industrial portable evaporative air conditioners so I'm assuming it's well built.

Looking to use it as a personal "AC" as shown in the video at the above link. I'm doubtful it will cool down a cabin.

Thanks for any input you can lend.

**I found it isn't released until June 2023, unfortunately I cannot edit the title. Maybe I'll have to be the guinea pig.

Last edited by Tractionless; 05-28-2023 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Product not released yet.
Old 05-28-2023, 12:55 PM
Registered

I also found the below which has been on the market for years and has good reviews. It requires 12v or 110v power, whereas the Coolee uses an internal battery.

https://swampy.net/

Just looking for a portable cooling device for day trips not a AC unit for full cabin cooling.
Old 05-30-2023, 08:11 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

There have been tons of DIY versions of these coolers made...you can look on youtube and find plenty.......there was one guy that called us a few years back that was making or thinking of making an system where it was a radiator with a fan and a small pump that you dump overboard and it takes the cold lake water from the bottom (or under you boat) and pumps it up and through the radiator and cools the cabin down and dumps the water back overboard...no idea if that ever took off or not. Dont think so since ive never seen anything like it out there...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-30-2023, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

It would be nice to see some actual testimonials, but these days you never really know if the people submitting the review are actual people. Cool Boss makes some nice industrial 'swamp coolers' so they have THAT going for them.

I made a cooler years ago, I put a pump in a cooler filled with ice water, ran that thru an old car radiator I had, and had a fan blowing thru the radiator core. Worked amazingly well, frankly. Only drawback was...it went thru 20 pounds of ice in about 2 hours. My wife gave me an 'E' for effort, lol! I would think there would be a similar issue with the ice-cooled Coolee unit. And it's a soft cooler, so very little insulation. I really would like to see a review from an unbiased source...because I cannot stand the heat, I HATE the heat...hate it.
Old 05-30-2023, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

12V Portable Air Conditioner Cooler 30 Quart 560 CFM Digital - Etsy

This might be worth looking into...
Old 06-10-2023, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaman
Yes very good reviews and worth a try at $125! Thank you