Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why water cops get a bad name (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159153-why-water-cops-get-bad-name.html)

cig1988 05-25-2007 02:42 AM

There's good and bad in everything. But can you imagine if they weren't out there what it really would be like ?

michigan troll 05-25-2007 05:24 AM

I seem to get pulled over every year. Hopefully its because of the boat and not my driving. Any way I request a full certified inspection with documentation which they reluctantly do supply. When they hand you the documentation keep it on the boat and hand it to the officer the next time you are pulled over. They send you on your way as soon as they see the inspection report.

Jim

klaw 05-25-2007 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by cig1988 (Post 2139990)
There's good and bad in everything. But can you imagine if they weren't out there what it really would be like ?

I totally agree.

I was out of town once and came home late and opened the Patio door that face the water and heard a vhf radio go of so I walked out to my dock It was dark enough that I could not see it from the house and the Water patrol was tied to my dock on the river checking for night time drinking and speeding. they did this for about a year it did not bother me because I dont have a drop to drink on the boat. Got to know them and they were good guys. I think they all are decent guys and must go through alot putting up with the party that goes with boating.

I was just making the observation that they should do things to also help there image like they could have given my buddy a warning they new where he lived ,his boat is on a lift and they could have just come by the next day he is on the river sio they drive by his house all the time anyway

Donman 05-25-2007 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo (Post 2139575)
Not sure they have quotas.......

I told a cop that he must be writing me a ticket in an effort to win the color tv. He said "Nope, their giving away a microwave this month".

A.W. 05-25-2007 10:47 AM

I do most of my boating at Grand Lake(GLOC) in N/E Oklahoma and I haven't had any problems with these guys. Sure sometimes you run into some by the book dork, but if your not an ass to them they are usually nice to you. At least thats been my experience.

BZ 05-25-2007 12:14 PM

My personal record, is 3 in one day. Passed each time but it was crazy.

1) U.S. coast guard
2) Chicago PD
3) Lake county sheriff (in Ind.)

they where cool but there has to be some give some where.....BZ

phragle 05-25-2007 12:35 PM

well..all in all..water cops are probably like the rest of us..they have good days and they have bad days..if your a drunken jackazz, they prolly wont be nice to you..if the guy they stopped bfore you was a royal pain in the ass drunken jackazz that gave them a really hard time..they prolly wont be in the best mood when they talk to you.. that said..some things just defy imagination..they gave a friend of mine a bui 2 years ago, then made my other friend drive the boat home...my other friend was WAYYYYYY more toasted then the friend they busted..now that makes a lot of sense...

WARPARTY36 05-25-2007 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by A.W. (Post 2140384)
I do most of my boating at Grand Lake(GLOC) in N/E Oklahoma and I haven't had any problems with these guys. Sure sometimes you run into some by the book dork, but if your not an ass to them they are usually nice to you. At least thats been my experience.

I totally agree. Our patrol just wants to keep things safe, they're not out to harass anyone. I have been tied up in a line, and had friends that needed to go home, and they even played water taxi for me so I didn't have to untie:cool:

88formula223 05-25-2007 02:06 PM

Most are cool as long as you are not being a dumbazz.

But the worst Ive seen is at Caesars Creek a small lake outside Dayton and Cincinnati that gets pretty busy on the weekends. The boat cops are women and they are tough half lesbo lookn biotches with guns and won't cut anyone any slack.

One day I met a buddy out there after work there is a big no wake zone connecting the 2 sides of the lake and that's where they always bust people. We where going through and his 9-10 yr old son was eating a chicken leg, when he was done he threw it up in the air and into the water. I don't agree with littering at all but they saw it happen and you would of thought we had 10 kilos on board long story short they took for ever and he had to goto court. My buddy was waiting in court and was about the tenth person called that these lesbos had wrote a ticket, the judge read the complaint and starred at the "Ladies" and through it out