Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   concept , donzi, or fountain center console? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159244-concept-donzi-fountain-center-console.html)

FeverMike 05-27-2007 09:50 AM

I have to agree with monstaaa on the Fountain 38te. It just handles so well, it's a very dry ride and the fuel mileage I can get from a boat this big is astounding! The last boat I owned was the wetest ride I and many passengers have ever experienced.

One word of advice on any CC....NEVER EVER buy a CC that is NOT self bailing!

DRIVEN1 05-28-2007 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2142787)
72MPH so far- think she has a bit more in her but have to get it dialed in a bit more and unloaded. That is with 1/2 tank fuel (110 gal), full fishing gear, 2 people, inner tube, fishin' box, coolers, etc- "real world" running.

Click on my sig- takes you to some pics of my boat.

I just checked out your sig. The boat looks very nice, the interiors of the boats have come a long way since I had one back in 97. How do you like the systemview with the other gauges? Do you think it was overkill or no? I was thinking I would do it the same way on my next boat whatever it may be.

Do you know what kind of fuel burn you are getting with those motors at cruise and top end? How bad has the oil consumption been? I used to have a 38 Fountain with triple 225 optis and I used to go thru guite a bit of oil. I would love to talk to you about your boat send me pm with your number and a good time to call or I will send you mine. Thanks Mike

FeverMike 05-28-2007 07:52 PM

Mark, could you please post your fuel burn numbers GPH and MPG for cruise settings?

Mark 05-29-2007 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by 47 (Post 2140752)
what size donzi did he have?

He had the 35 I believe (all I know is it's the largest Donzi makes). I personally prefer it with the Cuddy. You can do all kinds of boating with that package.

Mark 05-29-2007 09:52 AM

Mark's Concept looks sweet!

DollaBill 05-29-2007 10:20 AM

Mine is available. Time for it to go!! 99,900. 14.1 hrs. NEW MSO, never titled

Donzi38ZR 05-29-2007 10:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
All a choice of personal style.

Donzi38ZR 05-29-2007 11:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2143534)
The draw to Concept to me was the looks. I would have liked a wider beam, would have liked a few more "fish" options such as built in tackle box or more rod storage, however nothing out there had the looks of a Concept to me.

That Donzi above? Sweet boat but is more "fish" than I wanted (as were most boats I looked at), however nice boat none the less. Look at my dash vs those pics- both very nice setups but IMHO mine looks like a "powerboat" vs. a fishin' boat.

Performance boat looks with the function of a CC "fish" boat with a slap of performance tossed in for good measure.

More manufactors are turning out "performance CC's" which is a great thing for us all!

Not sure if you'v taken a look at the new Donzi ZFX Series, but they strike a nice balance between lifestyle, Fish and performance....

Shanghied Again 05-29-2007 04:03 PM

I sell both Donzi and Concept in the n/e both boats are great boats, with several differences. If your like fishing go with the Donzi the ZFs are wide and are great in rough water, the 38 Donzi is awesome with 3 Verado 275s she will run almost 70 mph and crush the rough stuff.
The 35 ZF is another good boat for rough water she will handle the roll well and with 275s runs high 60s.
Concept is a Performance looking boat all the way the 36 Concept has the look of a boat running with the big dogs she is built good but has a narrow beam and runs over the big waves, Fishing she has more roll but both boats are built for two different buyers and both boats are very good boats you will not go wrong.

47 05-29-2007 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com (Post 2143435)
Mine is available. Time for it to go!! 99,900. 14.1 hrs. NEW MSO, never titled

what kind of boat, size, power, pics thank you