Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159280-my-expensive-lesson-lake-cumberland-marina.html)

jeff1000man 05-26-2007 04:23 PM

Pics of engines look good. Wonder how long it was on the lot? Maybe it has had a lot of sea trials.

jeff1000man 05-26-2007 04:24 PM

What I hate about those guys is they never list a price. They are old school. Like when I was in the cars business. It is all about getting them on the phone and through the front door. Worry about the details when they get here.

tuffenuff355 05-26-2007 04:38 PM

sorry to hear about that you dont expect that from a reputable broker 2000 isnt a bad lose its the let down thats worse, in the future find someone on here to go check it ou for you and send you pics. good luck

BenPerfected 05-26-2007 04:38 PM

The OSO ad says repowered in 2005 with 25 hours. That isn't dyno time...
That could mean that this boat could have up to two full seasons on the engines. How would Cumberland Marine know how many hours were on the engines since the rebuild?
The price is also listed.

TexomaPowerboater 05-26-2007 04:47 PM

Thats piss poor job on Cumberlands part. You would of never guessed that by looking at the pictures....

I feel your pain. I just took a test drive in a 28 Pantera I'm ready to close on. Waited for 1 1/2 hours for them to charge up the battery - replaced one. I looked at it a couple of months ago and the batteries were not charged them - I told them to charge it up before I got there, but they didn't. Finally took it on a test drive only to have an impeller go out after about 2 minutes up on plane at which point one of the engines overheated. The boat was sitting for awhile, so its not a big deal - but its a brokerage boat, you figured they would of taken care of that before hand. Probobly for the better though - now they pay for the repairs:D . I only had to drive one hour - if I drove as far as you I would probobly have to punch somebody out.

I would of raised so much hell at Cumberland they would have to pay me just to go away. :D

TexomaPowerboater 05-26-2007 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by BenPerfected (Post 2141445)
That could mean that this boat could have up to two full seasons on the engines. How would Cumberland Marine know how many hours were on the engines since the rebuild?

Are you reading the same ad - I don't see any of that stuff.

jeff1000man 05-26-2007 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by BenPerfected (Post 2141445)

I havn't seen the OSO ad, but the Cumberland ad says Dyno time only and has great pics. I would not have thought twice about going to get that boat if I had the cash,,,, Based on the photos and caption.

BenPerfected 05-26-2007 05:43 PM

I just clicked on the link on post # 7. Is that not the ad?

THEJOKER 05-26-2007 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by BenPerfected (Post 2141487)
I just clicked on the link on post # 7. Is that not the ad?

That's the Fountain miscue!

See post#1

nocigarette 05-26-2007 06:23 PM

This kind of stuff really ticks me off.............I will elaberate..........It seems like customer service and honesty has flown out the window in this country, i dont care what it is but everything for sale any more is misrepresented....I really feel bad for ya.......If you were pissed about the 2 grand i am sure you were kind of going out on a limb to buy the boat, that is excatly what kind of people they pray on.......One thing is for sure use the power of oso to buy your next boat.......There is always someone who has read a bad post or knows the boats history.....

With that said i know i cant lie if i ever sell mine because i have been helped and have posted all the progress on my mag..........

Dont sweat it 2 grand blows but 20 grand would have really sucked if ya had to go thru both motors................GOOD LUCK MAN.............

BTW thamks cumberland for anwsering this post and addressing this issue..................If i dont say that maybe nobody will..............