My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina >

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Notices

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Old 05-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

I'd look at this one...stock power and a Twin Step for the same price, plus it's local to Tony

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o15093-en.html
Old 05-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove from JACKSONVILLE, FL. to LAKE CUMBERLAND pulling a trade in. When i arrived it was a very professional transaction, boat was as advertised. I would not hessitate to do business there again.

My son GATOR ONE has bought two boats from RANDY HARTMAN, a 47 GTX and a 38 SKATER and has nothing but praise for LAKE CUMBERLAND MARINE.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:24 PM

Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that the ONLY post from "tgracer" is this one?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:26 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

I just traded my 36 skater for a 40 skater with Randy at CUMBERLAND MARINE and everything went fine no problems at all .
Old 05-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate selling or buying boats.I bought my 1993 Scarab 31',I was told rebuilt motors and drives. Even had receipts from Arizona Speed and Marine a year earlier.Well, one motor had to be rebuilt before I could even pick it up (I should have ran at this point).Then one drive lower was bad upon pickup.A month later the other motor went away.I bought a pair of motors from Dave Anderson(SCOPE member)in 3/03 and never had a problem after that.The problem was that by the time I was done I had 42k for the boat and 18k into the motors.I never really loved the boat ,but it was a good deal.Just not after I was done fixing everything.I just sold the boat and it was a 10 mechanically.Its just hard to relay that to the people buying it.And after stories like the one starting this thread I undertand.Well my new boat I purchased without motors (was orig. equipped with 525sc w/superchillers).I bought a pair of 575sci w/superchillers from Derebury Performance in Texas.They are rebuilding them and will finish up my dynoing to break in.I feel confident this was the way to go. At least I know what i am getting. All in all the price I paid for the boat,buying the motors ,rebuilding the motors and superchargers ,dynoing,and installing motors,even getting new covers(2),bimini top, and new brakes on the trailer will cost about the same as the boat was selling for originally with motors with 230 hrs on them.We'll see when its running in a couple of months if all went well.Wish me luck Mike
Old 05-27-2007, 05:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I consider myself lucky, when i bought my Tiger, Ed cozzi had surveyed the boat for Victor when he bought it, any issues were fixed, victor took great care of it, not only did i get a super clean boat, but I made a friend in the process. Sorry to hear about your run of luck, keep looking and you'll find the right one, don't hesitate to ask on here for some help...
Old 05-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Formulabill
I drove from JACKSONVILLE, FL. to LAKE CUMBERLAND pulling a trade in. When i arrived it was a very professional transaction, boat was as advertised. I would not hessitate to do business there again.

My son GATOR ONE has bought two boats from RANDY HARTMAN, a 47 GTX and a 38 SKATER and has nothing but praise for LAKE CUMBERLAND MARINE.
Yeah but to be fair the boats Gatorone bought were new models and high dollar so they would have to be perfect. This was an older boat that the guy was driving to get and when it was seen as misrepresented that is when the guy got pissed about spending money to go look at a bad boat.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My Brother In Law Bought A Skater From Them Took 3 Months To Get Paper Work For The Boat And Hes Still Waiting For The Paper Work For The Trailer Its Been 5 Months Now ///They Should Have Had All The Paper Work In Hand ,,,Do The Deal Heres Your Titles ,,, No If Ands Or Buts
Old 05-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Yeah but to be fair the boats Gatorone bought were new models and high dollar so they would have to be perfect. This was an older boat that the guy was driving to get and when it was seen as misrepresented that is when the guy got pissed about spending money to go look at a bad boat.
I totally agree. IF you are not going to take care of the ultra high end purchasers, who are you going to take care of? My cousin purchased a boat from Cumberland recently and he is happy with the purchase.

After talking to him it seems that Cumberland overprices everything to keep the tires kickers away and then when its time to get down to business they really deal.

I know what it is like to go look at a misrepresent boat. A buddy and I drove from Indiana to North Carolina to look at a boat that was horribly misrepresented. I thought my buddy had everything under control, nope. The seller is lucky he didn't get rolled!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Registered

A lot of people on this board have had bad experiences with Lake Cumerland. Maybe you are better off with this small loss than if you had done the deal and something bad came up later.

Quick Reply: My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.