Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159280-my-expensive-lesson-lake-cumberland-marina.html)

dean51267 05-28-2007 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by sellsman11 (Post 2142478)
I was with you until I read this!!!:evilb: :evilb: :D

well, okay, maybe I emblish, but I he owes me a beer or three and I am trying to protect my receivables....:drink:

tomtbone1993 05-28-2007 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by sellsman11 (Post 2142478)
I was with you until I read this!!!:evilb: :evilb: :D

ROTFLMFAO:evilb:

bripar77 05-28-2007 02:24 PM

My experience at Lake cumberland was great

A few years ago I traveled to Lake Cumberland Marine after making a deal to purchase a 2001 38 Formula with Randy site unseen. We traveled by air and when we got there the boat was as advertised. i was very happy. We test drove the boat and transfered the funds and everything went great. but the best part of the deal was the three following days that my son and I stayed there to play with the boat. Randy and the guys at Lake Cumberland Marine where super. They put the boat in the water for us, provided us a tie up next to Randy's Houseboat, and Randy had my son and I over to his houseboat for dinner one night and a couple of lunches. It was a great trip that my son and i will remember for a long time. I actually would like to do it all over again someday. Randy treated us great. Yea he does advertise the boats he sells on the high side but I bought my boat at the right price.

tgracer 05-28-2007 04:01 PM

bripar, believe me. No one more than me was wishing for an experience like yours with LCM. My whole family planned a welcome home party for my son and I to enjoy our new boat during Memorial Day weekend... it's not going to be a good memory to say the least.

And, I saw Randy's beautiful dealership and know that he must have a lot of smooth transactions. But, as every business owner knows sometimes things don't go as planned as at least in my line of work you have a responsibility to try and make things right. As I told Randy on Thursday, I really don't think he was trying to cheat me on purpose. I think he was simply mislead by the individual that traded in the boat. The solution of me going through the transaction at the full original price and having Steve Lopes a local guy here in Ft. Lauderdale disassemble the engines and bless them if appropriate was a good one. I just don't think I should have had to pay $3,000 to have something verified that was represented to me from day one. As for a water test, no way. Would any of you water test a vessel that had the rear of the port engine covered in oil and the starboard one leaking fuel? By the way, the fire system was solidly on recharge... Look guys, as I said in my original post my message to the community here was intended to be a "learn from my mistake" one, not how bad LCM is... I'm the one that should have known better and I know I have no recourse with LCM and really don't expect them to do anything but maybe post an excuse on here.

bgchuby01 05-28-2007 05:01 PM

Tony, if there was a fuel leak, Randy would have had Jeff from service fix that and check on the oil leak before putting it in the water. I for one would have tested the boat had I driven 20 hours to make a deal. Do you realize how many people on here have driven a boat with oil on the engine. As for the fire system, I am sure if you made a deal with Randy and said as part of the deal he needs to charge the system, I am sure he woud have fixed that problem. same with the oil and fuel. I think the problem is you were in a hurry to get back to florida to enjoy the boat for the weekend and did not allow any time for a mistake to be fixed. I find it hard to believe that Randy would not have wanted to complete a sale to you. He even offered to get you a hotel room to regoup after your drive.

gsmith9898 05-28-2007 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2142737)
Great post once again Dean!

I love OSO- put out the good, bad and ugly and let people decide if they want to be a customer or not...

Thats what I'm talking about. :D

BillR 05-29-2007 06:36 AM

I bought my TG from Randy @ LCM. Great experience, honest person and no BS!
Randy had it trucked from Kentucky to Va. Beach with only a hand shake agreement that I would buy it if I thought it was ok and passed my sea trial. If I liked it, I bought it; if not, he took it back. I liked it!
The only negative thing about him is the lack of return phone calls or emails.

But still I would buy another boat from him in a heartbeat. Honest people in sales are a rare breed. Randy and his LCM are a top notch organization.

OldSchool 05-29-2007 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by lightspeed (Post 2141787)
My Brother In Law Bought A Skater From Them Took 3 Months To Get Paper Work For The Boat And Hes Still Waiting For The Paper Work For The Trailer Its Been 5 Months Now ///They Should Have Had All The Paper Work In Hand ,,,Do The Deal Heres Your Titles ,,, No If Ands Or Buts

That doesn't remind anyone on here about anything.......does it???????????????????

Buyer beware! It's a jungle out there.:eek: :cool:

DollaBill 05-29-2007 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by lightspeed (Post 2141787)
My Brother In Law Bought A Skater From Them Took 3 Months To Get Paper Work For The Boat And Hes Still Waiting For The Paper Work For The Trailer Its Been 5 Months Now ///They Should Have Had All The Paper Work In Hand ,,,Do The Deal Heres Your Titles ,,, No If Ands Or Buts

Doesn't work that way. Takes 2-4 weeks for paperwork to get mailed, etc.

wnelles 05-29-2007 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01 (Post 2142702)
Tony, if there was a fuel leak, Randy would have had Jeff from service fix that and check on the oil leak before putting it in the water. I for one would have tested the boat had I driven 20 hours to make a deal. Do you realize how many people on here have driven a boat with oil on the engine. As for the fire system, I am sure if you made a deal with Randy and said as part of the deal he needs to charge the system, I am sure he woud have fixed that problem. same with the oil and fuel. I think the problem is you were in a hurry to get back to florida to enjoy the boat for the weekend and did not allow any time for a mistake to be fixed. I find it hard to believe that Randy would not have wanted to complete a sale to you. He even offered to get you a hotel room to regoup after your drive.

I'm sure Randy knew the buyer was driving 20 hours to buy the boat. Why didn't he have the boat checked out and ready to go for the buyer. I don't blame the buyer at all for being upset.