My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina >

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Notices

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Old 05-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
They asked him wether he was going to put his fountain in the front yard, or the back.
Please go back to the kids table. You know you are not allowed to eat with the adults.....
Old 05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
LOL, how is your buddy doing?
He is good,thanks for asking, I called him today and told him he was the first to break his face on my boat, he told me to shut up and dont make him laugh, he is sore. I'm just thankful he didnt break any bones or lose teeth. I told him chicks dig scars he grinned with the other half of his face(as he said) and told me to shut up again.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
He is good,thanks for asking, I called him today and told him he was the first to break his face on my boat, he told me to shut up and dont make him laugh, he is sore. I'm just thankful he didnt break any bones or lose teeth. I told him chicks dig scars he grinned with the other half of his face(as he said) and told me to shut up again.
That chit happens. It happened to me in my 29. banged my girl up pretty good. She has scars on her knee that she reminds me of. I am glad he is doing OK.

BTW Jeff10woman has no class you can b!tch slap him anytime you want
Old 05-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
BTW Jeff10woman has no class you can b!tch slap him anytime you want
I'll remember that comment...
Old 05-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What all are talking about, is the reason I drive from the east coast to Chicago, to Scott Shogren. All the cards on the table, not tricks. I am in Md and still if I need service for trailer, or boat they find a way to make it happen. Scott, Greg and Bruce are good as it gets. Have delt with Pier 57, also, David and JJ are the same way. When you find dealers you trust it makes the process a lot easier. Of course the hell you go through to find them makes the process, that is supposed to be fun, a nightmare. I dont know why, but only in the marine industry do you drop 200-300k on a boat and get treated like a step child by some dealers. To my way of thinking, they should be bending over backwards to get your business, but some act like they are doing you a favor by even talking to you. Thats why I deal with dealers I trust.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
What all are talking about, is the reason I drive from the east coast to Chicago, to Scott Shogren. All the cards on the table, not tricks. I am in Md and still if I need service for trailer, or boat they find a way to make it happen. Scott, Greg and Bruce are good as it gets. Have delt with Pier 57, also, David and JJ are the same way. When you find dealers you trust it makes the process a lot easier. Of course the hell you go through to find them makes the process, that is supposed to be fun, a nightmare. I dont know why, but only in the marine industry do you drop 200-300k on a boat and get treated like a step child by some dealers. To my way of thinking, they should be bending over backwards to get your business, but some act like they are doing you a favor by even talking to you. Thats why I deal with dealers I trust.
well said.

Scott gave me a verbal IOU, nothing in writing, to the tune of a couple grand. Paid in full; in conjunction with David Woods who split the due with Scott. Good people and am lucky to have them 1 hr away.

Good dealers create happy boating vs getting fk'd and being mad everytime you hook up.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This forum always cracks me up. Relentless is a great word to describe the members of this forum. Boat buying has always been a tough game of chance no matter who you are. My personal opinion is that this gentleman went to Lake Cumberland with the best of intentions. After reading and lurking here for a few years, would draw a conclusions that LCM is a stand-up business and a company that properly represents their boat. Hence, the driving from South Florida to trade sight-unseen. That is not an uncommon practice. It all falls back to the representation on the net and over the phone. This gentleman sensed something wasn't right and for the price he was agreeing to pay his expectations were as high as it was represented. An engine room detail probably could have solved alot of problems. I understand the frustration of this gentleman. I too have walked away from deals because of misrepresentation. A survey probably would have saved some money. LCM still has zero response to this. It must not be a big deal to them.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

~tgracer~
We need an update?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Tbonepmp,

Wish I had an update for you saying that they called me and were making things right by sending me a check. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from them at all and as you can see they don't seem to care enough to post a response for what is sure to be one of their largest customer bases. I don't get it...

The good news is that I've found a nearly new boat to purchase. (only 10 hours) It's not a Cigarette and more money but hopefully does away with these type of issues. I'll let everyone know when I get it and I'll post some pics too. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Btw, in the event that they do post something requiring a reply from me and I don't, just so everyone knows I'll be out of town for a week and not able to be on-line.

Tony
Old 06-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

Sometimes these these things just happen for the better.

Quick Reply: My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.