Gas Prices Affecting Boating >

Gas Prices Affecting Boating

Notices

Gas Prices Affecting Boating

Old 05-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by bcfountain
i am not going to let the oil companys or opec mess with something i love to do.the hell w/all of them.its only $$ and you cannot take it w/you.
Perfect !

LS
Old 05-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Diesel boats are looking alot better.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was just a wave runner this weekend for us. The high prices have slowed me down. Boating is sadly going to become only for the extremely wealthy. Glad I enjoyed it for the past 10 years,

WILL
Old 05-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have always done alot of rafting cause i know alot of people with big cruisers and just plain big boats. i am still out every weekend i just dont go for as many long rides.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not in the least bit.
It's only money. Whens the last time you seen a Brinks truck following a hurst? Can't take it with ya, spend it all.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wardey
I think it has for alot of people. I think with insurance prices and gas prices you will see alot more under 30 single engine boats. The Extreme with the 496 gets GREAT gas mileage and still runs 83 being a 29'6" boat.

Mike, We missed you guy's out at Rookers on Sunday. We had a great time. A few centers out ther with trip 300's.....Dave
Hey Wardy, wife and I really thought about going but those pesky gas prices! We stay home and rested and watched the F1 race from Monaco, then the Indy 500 race...went to dinner and saw the last 100 laps of the NASCAR race! We went out on Sunday got gas...again....arrrgh and stayed in Tampa Bay.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Great reply's everyone. For me I guess I am changing and would rather spend my money on other things than just gas for the boat. Fo the last 7 months I am doing less and less boating and have been taking my car to Sebring for track days and to auto cross events. I spend my money still on gas but also tires and brakes and alignments too. It's still a family type of thing and a lot of fun. I will say this...boat company's, boat dealers and local boat clubs better get there act together because with the cost of boat ownership going through the roof there are a lot of people getting out of boating. Just different choices for me lately.
My Fountain 38TE is up for sale so I'll see what happens.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Yesterday evening I was driving with my wife and we drove by a little 18ft. center console with a small outboard...

Jokingly she said, "There ya go buy that, it's probably cheap!" I said; "I bet it would probably cost less to buy that boat flat out and use it all summer than it would cost to put fuel in the Apache for the season." She said' "Great, lets do it." I said; "Nah". She asks why? I said; "Cause that wouldn't be any fun!"
Old 05-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Gold Member

Default you are right

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
It was just a wave runner this weekend for us. The high prices have slowed me down. Boating is sadly going to become only for the extremely wealthy. Glad I enjoyed it for the past 10 years,

WILL
you are so right 27fountain.before long it will be a rich boy or trust fund boy sport.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Gold Member

Default amen

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Not in the least bit.
It's only money. Whens the last time you seen a Brinks truck following a hurst? Can't take it with ya, spend it all.
amen brother...amen

Quick Reply: Gas Prices Affecting Boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.