Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "King of Shaves" Fountain Dominates Italian P1 Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159440-king-shaves-fountain-dominates-italian-p1-race.html)

ApachePete 05-31-2007 09:41 PM

Doesn't that boat look very much like the "Cat Killer?"

THEJOKER 05-31-2007 09:48 PM

That is one sick Fountain - impressive! Do all boats weigh the same? Just curious about the minimum weight rules???

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-31-2007 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2146980)
That is one sick Fountain - impressive! Do all boats weigh the same? Just curious about the minimum weight rules???

They use a power to weight ratio of 1hp per 3.5 kg and have a minimum weight of 4250 kg post race. Boat weight is verified by mandatory weighting of at least the top 4 finishing boats after each race.

Ballast tanks are not allowed. Only fixed weights.

FeverMike 05-31-2007 11:16 PM

The transom of the Fountain is AWESOME! That boat looks really trick. Seems like Fountain has been doing some aero testing huh?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-01-2007 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2147048)
The transom of the Fountain is AWESOME!

A rounded transom has been done before by another company.

Maybe next we will see the wings added....:D

Panther 06-01-2007 08:18 AM

Next race should be interesting!

FeverMike 06-01-2007 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2147194)
A rounded transom has been done before by another company.

Maybe next we will see the wings added....:D

Nice try putting down Fountain AGAIN Sharkey but that transom does not resemble the Fountain at all.:D

Panther 06-01-2007 08:38 AM

It's kinda funny to watch these threads!

First an OL guy says it's a good racing season with some good competitors....

Then the next OL guy just points out that weight was added to the boat. In my assessment wasn't making an excuse, just pointing out what they knew as facts.

Then the fun begins.....

I could care less cause I don't own either boat but it is quite funny to watch! :drink: So what happens if OL wins the next race? Or Donzi or Skater?

OldSchool 06-01-2007 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2147334)
It's kinda funny to watch these threads!

First an OL guy says it's a good racing season with some good competitors....

Then the next OL guy just points out that weight was added to the boat. In my assessment wasn't making an excuse, just pointing out what they knew as facts.

Then the fun begins.....

I could care less cause I don't own either boat but it is quite funny to watch! :drink: So what happens if OL wins the next race? Or Donzi or Skater?

OffshoreOnly, where everyone can be an expert!!!

.....or a cheerleader!!

:D :drink: :evilb:

cougarman 06-01-2007 08:44 AM

Wow thats like zero free board on the fountain !

Not a fountian fan, but I will say nice work on the hull.

Cougarman