Launch Ramp in/near South Haven Michigan

Notices

Launch Ramp in/near South Haven Michigan

Old 05-30-2007, 12:22 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Launch Ramp in/near South Haven Michigan

We have a group of boats heading up to South Haven for a week-end in June and need a GOOD launch ramp in that area. Any help?????? BZ

p.s. my 42 Fountain is tough enough to get on/off the trailer with a good ramp, I need to be assured that it can be done in that area.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only Municipal ramps are at Black River Park on the river N. of the drawbridge. The bridge is at Dyckman Ave. About 10 launch/retrive ramps. Been working right around the bend on the river the past month and have seen 40 footers launch no prob. Very nice Municipal Marina too if your into overnight.

Last edited by woogie; 09-15-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The ramp itself looks good, BZ, it's the width of the river I was concerned about...it's pretty narrow at that point as I recall. Also, fairly shallow..we'll have to watch drive heights. At least I'll be able to let you know how I do Thursday night!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ian will weigh in, we've launched there a bunch, in some park on the river, but there are only about 4 slots. It is not easy cause the river is narrow, moving and the docks are real short, I think we use the ramp closest to the lake and go in at an angle. I am sure you don't care but there is Lots of geese poop all over, yuck oh and the water is sort of crappy and Ian had to take a swim there once, forgot the plug. So if our mondo can get in you should be fine. When you guys heading there? Hey and what about a road trip our way

The people are nice there and no problem leaving you truck and trailer for a few days.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Registered

The municipal ramp is the only one in South Haven for you guys. I have seen 47's launch there, you just block the river when backing out or pulling on. Water depth and ramp should be sufficient. The only shallow area to watch is the inside corner on your left just after putting in and headed outbound to Lake Michigan...3 foot. Stay on the outside there and you will be fine. The municipal marina we are staying at is the last one on the left headed out to the lake, large grey building. Can't wait, KS.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:06 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

O.K. this better work the only place in Michigan I have launched at is for Smoke....BZ
Old 05-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
O.K. this better work the only place in Michigan I have launched at is for Smoke....BZ
where did you get smoked? Just fill up your cooler and the gas tank and go, details, details!!!!!