Notices

Box Anchor Group Buy

Old 05-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Can a Box anchor secure a 10,000#, 35' boat in sand with 20+ knot winds and in 3'-5' tidal surf?

If so, I may be interested. They look neat and convenient, but I need convincing.

My Fortress has been tested in the above conditions and I didn't move a foot, so I'm hesitant to give that up. But if this box anchor really would work as required, than I'd get one.
sorry i live on a lake... were you chilin on your boat during those conditions? did the boat take on water?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Nick, Dave, et all:

I'll state that the Box Anchor is the SHIZNIT.
They can be found at:
http://www.boxanchor.com/
http://www.slideanchor.com/box.asp

I have the large on my 37' AT, and I have held at least 5 boats (for a period until others get anchors out) in current waters of the Potomac River and a few other places. I can't tell you how many times I see my friends Effing around with their Danforth/Fortress anchors, tugging and pulling, tugging and pulling, tugging and pulling trying to get them set.

With the box anchor, you throw it overboard, and that's it. The harder the boat(s) pull against it, the tighter it gets. If the currents flop, and you turn 180*, the anchor flips over and resets. I'll chuck mine overboard, and give it a tug just to make sure its taught, and then I'll let the current/wind pull the boat out the rest of the rhode.

The ONLY time my box anchor let me down was in a creek on the Potomac River when there was at least 4 feet thick of Hydrilla covering the entire bottom of the creek. You could not walk through or on this stuff, and the box anchor would not sink through it. Guess what, the danforths and fortresses were not working either. It was like trying to set an anchor into a sponge.

I don't trust a single anchor when 'sleeping on the hook', but that's because I had an anchor line snap on me during an afternoon of anchoring in front of a restaurant/hang out. If I plan on sleeping, I'll bring the Danforth, and set it after I set the Box Anchor. That's more for my piece of mine. The Box has never let go.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-30-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

I'm down for a large stainless box anchor and a large sand spike with a stainless cleat.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PurpleStuff
sorry i live on a lake... were you chilin on your boat during those conditions? did the boat take on water?
Ya, we were partying at Eggmont Key. In FL, it can be calm as glass one minute, and 5 minutes later when a big T-storm rolls through, it can build to 3' or more in a matter of minutes in our shallow waters, and of course there is wind. Then as quickly as it came, it's gone and calm again. Just something you have to deal with here. And no, have never taken on any water.

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Nick, Dave, et all:

I'll state that the Box Anchor is the SHIZNIT.
They can be found at:
http://www.boxanchor.com/
http://www.slideanchor.com/box.asp

I have the large on my 37' AT, and I have held at least 5 boats (for a period until others get anchors out) in current waters of the Potomac River and a few other places. I can't tell you how many times I see my friends Effing around with their Danforth/Fortress anchors, tugging and pulling, tugging and pulling, tugging and pulling trying to get them set.

With the box anchor, you throw it overboard, and that's it. The harder the boat(s) pull against it, the tighter it gets. If the currents flop, and you turn 180*, the anchor flips over and resets. I'll chuck mine overboard, and give it a tug just to make sure its taught, and then I'll let the current/wind pull the boat out the rest of the rhode.

The ONLY time my box anchor let me down was in a creek on the Potomac River when there was at least 4 feet thick of Hydrilla covering the entire bottom of the creek. You could not walk through or on this stuff, and the box anchor would not sink through it. Guess what, the danforths and fortresses were not working either. It was like trying to set an anchor into a sponge.

I don't trust a single anchor when 'sleeping on the hook', but that's because I had an anchor line snap on me during an afternoon of anchoring in front of a restaurant/hang out. If I plan on sleeping, I'll bring the Danforth, and set it after I set the Box Anchor. That more for my piece of mine. The Box has never let go.
Thanks man. Good info.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:00 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have owned the small box anchor and shore spike for about 4 years, excellent products. I have had another four boats rafted up and still the box anchor held. They will take a bite more easily than a standard anchor, but are by no means foolproof.

The shore spike is great for when you want to anchor just off a beach and not swing around with the wind and current. You set the box anchor in the deeper water and back close to the beach and then set the spike in dry ground.

Last edited by Wobble; 05-30-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I can't tell you how many times I see my friends Effing around with their Danforth/Fortress anchors, tugging and pulling, tugging and pulling, tugging and pulling trying to get them set.
Amen Brudda...I'm done with that sh!t
Old 05-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
I have owned the small box anchor and shore spike for about 4 years, excellent products. I have had another four boats rafted up and still the box anchor held. They will take a bite more easily than a standard anchor, but are by no means foolproof.

The shore spike is great for when you want to anchor just off a beach and not swing around with the wind and current. You set the box anchor in the deeper water and back close to the beach and then set the spike in dry ground.
What size boat are you using the small box anchor with?? Id love to try and get away with a small on a 33 Powerplay.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered

we have used the small on a 33 outlaw and it held 3 boats. it was not calm at the time...

oh, we did use a rear anchor as well.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:39 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
What size boat are you using the small box anchor with?? Id love to try and get away with a small on a 33 Powerplay.

It's a Stryker Equalizer, 29'2" from stem to stern. I wouldn't recommend a small for overnighting, but, depending on the bottom, they will hold way more than a similar rated Danforth.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered

I have a box anchor and a sand spike from these guys - Great products!!

Quick Reply: Box Anchor Group Buy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.