The cost of raising a child. >

The cost of raising a child.

Notices

The cost of raising a child.

Old 01-11-2002, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preferred,

What a great post. I have two kids and I would and do anything for them. It is amazing to me how much the enjoy the same things that we do. Both my kids love to be around the water and in the boat. My 4 year old daughter, AKA Speed Demon, is always telling me to go faster. I love em and would not trade them for the world. They really are my everything.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:37 AM
Eric1969

I have 2 boys, one is 4 yrs old and the other is 9 months old. My wife doesn't work so sometimes money can get a little tight and we need to plan for significant purchases. I make over a 6 figure income but still need to be smart with our money.

I would love to have a bigger/faster/better boat, but I can't afford it. I don't know how alot of you do it. Buying these 25,28,31 foot boats. I get jealous sometimes, but I would never ever change what I have in the love and affection of my boys for more toys.

My 4 year old is my boating buddy. He named our boat Larry. Why? I have absolutely no idea, he just liked that name I guess. That is the neat things about kids, their minds work in a very innocent and fun way. This next summer, the boys, wife, and I will be able to go boating. My 4 year old loves to tube and always wants to go faster.

Nothing in the world beats having your child snuggle up to you to watch a little TV or to read him a book. The love and feelings I have for my boys is awesome, I can't describe how it makes me feel. Fills my heart with total love and joy.

Old 01-11-2002, 10:26 AM
Registered

Hell I'm just getting started! My son cost me 15k just to get my wife pregnant!!!!. It is worth every dime i spent
Rick
Old 01-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Registered

It's not really all that amazing that kids have similar intersts as mom and dad. That's because you have exposed them to the things you enjoy. Now they don't ALWAYS like EVERYTHING that you do, but that's understandable. They eventually develop their own hobbies, talents, etc.

What I think is truly amazing, is how different siblings can be from each other.

Our 10 year old son....laid back, sensitive, cautious, very friendly and kind.

Our 8 year old daughter....oh boy, LOOK OUT! ambitious, independent, take charge, a total jockette / tomboy, and if you cross her, you'd better run!

As different as they are, they adore each other and are best friends. They have their moments, but they are very close to each other and that is so awesome.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

my little girl is 5yo and the best thing I ever did. I was scared too sh*t about beeing a dad before I had her but its not to hard. They always love you no matter how bad you screw up (unlike your wife GF). she comes running every night when i get home yelling daddy daddy and i get a big hug and a kiss wife just says hi how was your day. she also loves the boat and fishing anything to do with water she got to "drive" the boat last summer (sitting on my lap) she thought she was big stuff and was telling everybody for days. wouldn't trade her for the world.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally posted by scarabrick:
<STRONG>Hell I'm just getting started! My son cost me 15k just to get my wife pregnant!!!!. It is worth every dime i spent
Rick</STRONG>

hell for $10 I would have done it for ya
Old 01-11-2002, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn Travisss
Old 01-11-2002, 11:38 AM
Preferredstock

My wife and I waited until our late 30's before having our son. He's 5 now and I am having a blast. Best thing we ever did. I played hard when I was young (way to hard sometimes) Can't remember those days much. But now its different, and for the better. Can't imagine not coming home to him yelling "DADDY".

Bill

Old 01-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Registered

troutly....i was in the same boat as you so to speak. it was my worst nightmare to get a girl knocked up and now i don't know what i did with all my time... wouldn't trade being a dad for anything.

your little guy is 15mo old...it only gets better from there...my little man is 8 now and all i do is coach sports...what a blast!
Old 01-11-2002, 02:38 PM
flylevel

It's funny when I talk to people who sold their boat because they were having kids, Mine have grown up going boating at the lake and love it.

Quick Reply: The cost of raising a child.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.