Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nor-Tech "Predator" question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159614-nor-tech-predator-question.html)

Bobthebuilder 05-30-2007 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom (Post 2145473)
Why is he selling it?

Hi Tom,

I usually keep my boats for 4 years then move on to the next one. That's where we are at now. What has caught my interest is another 50 with triple Yanmar diesels. There were a couple of them at Ft Myers poker run earlier this month and did not look out of place at all. Years ago when I ran stock powered offshores I got over to the Bahamas 5 times. I want to have a boat that will allow me to do that and go even farther down to the Islands now that I have more time. So that is the plan.:D

wrinkleface 05-30-2007 05:57 PM

Congratz Bob on your new venture! I am sure the boat U build will B awesome! Tracy:D

Racegirl3 05-30-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2145486)
After all your job of making me into a rock star is not finished ! LOL :D

I dont know about that .... :drink:

Bobthebuilder 05-30-2007 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2145455)
Hans, you are gonna hafta get in line.:crazy:

Seriously, Bob- I guess it's a bittersweet decision, eh? She is one helluva ride .:D

Hello Jay. It was a tough decision. I know the market right now for used boats is brutal. I think I have been realisic in my asking price and have a few things going for me that will allow me to do an even better deal. The Canadian dollar vs US has strengthened by close to 10 % this year with further strengthening forecast. Since I make my $ in CAD and seem to spend them in US it helps a lot. Also by running the sale and new purchase thru Double R I will pay taxes on the difference only saving me a chunk of change as well. So, we will see. If it doesn't happen I think I can still have a good time ! LOL:D

Bobthebuilder 05-30-2007 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 2145525)
I dont know about that .... :drink:

Hey Dawn,

I should have mentioned in the add that you have graced your presence on PREDATOR and given her the seal of approval !! Now there is some added value ! LOL:D

You still have some seat time coming to you from solving that skill testing question. LOL You gals from Ohio sure are smart ! You might have to collect tho on my next ride. We'll see. Hoping to do PIB at the end of July.:D
Bob

Dean Ferry 05-30-2007 08:23 PM

Bob,
Good luck on the sale, it's a beautiful rig, wish we could have made the poker run last year, but the wife's neck surgury pretty much squashed that.
BUT, I will say that we are still having a blast in the Seadoo Sportster! And our next big boat, will be diesel powered.
Thanks again,
Dean

cbeastwood 05-30-2007 08:30 PM

Bob,

Found the thread! Predator is an awesome boat that has treated you well and I'm sure it was a hard decision to let her go.

I regret not only never having ridden in her but never even seeing her in person.

Put me on the mate's list for one of those long bahama trips if you need a hand!

As an aside, DAWN, it's that time of year again for the Fox Chapel Poker Run. I can PM you the details if you want to go again!

Racegirl3 05-30-2007 09:02 PM

Craig - Id like to be there but Ill be in Ocean City that weekend.

Bob - Ill be in St Clair at the end of July .... can you make it a week earlier? :D :p

Bobthebuilder 05-30-2007 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 2145691)
Bob,
Good luck on the sale, it's a beautiful rig, wish we could have made the poker run last year, but the wife's neck surgury pretty much squashed that.
BUT, I will say that we are still having a blast in the Seadoo Sportster! And our next big boat, will be diesel powered.
Thanks again,
Dean

Thanks Dean,

Hope you know you are always welcome to join me. So if you see a chance in the future just let me know.:D
I have read some of your posts re: Jetboat and am glad to see you are enjoying it. Think I read you are working out on the West coast for a bit. Keep well.:D
Bob

NaplesBaja 05-30-2007 09:05 PM

Bob,
Wow.....does that mean that I'll be the ONLY Predator left in F.M.O.....L.O.L........Remember what we talked about....Your new boat + Naples gang as crew + Cancun = .................................................. ...shhhhhhh don't tell Hans.