Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nor-Tech "Predator" question >

Nor-Tech "Predator" question

Notices

Nor-Tech "Predator" question

Old 05-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll definitely miss seeing that boat on G-Bay when it sells (unless somebody from around here picks it up!)

Like the ad says, probably the most photographed boat in poker run history, I can probably make a mini-album of the ones I've taken over the years!

All the best with the new Nortech (can't wait to see it!)
Old 05-31-2007, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
Since when has any boat listed for sale generated 29 posts? Certainly a great deal of interest in this boat! Perhaps the interest is really about the owner - a great guy.

Take a look at the latest Poker Runs America magazine. Bob is prominently featured for his efforts to organize the fun run to benefit Jennifur Molter. Proof of his greatness.

T.
Your too kind, Tom. As I have said before the success of that event was due to the support of everyone at Ft Myers Offshore , OSO and the community. People like you and Donna who contributed your time as well as your resourses. I have received many favourable comments on your picture DVD and thought you should know that. Thank you again,
Bob
Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pashn8boater
Bob,

Bob, have you already started the build? What kind of HP will those Yanmar's have? #6 Drives?

Hello Terry,

Nor Tech has a 50 to do ahead of me yet so I have held off ordering the new boat for 30 days or so while we measure the interest in PREDATOR. At some point I will let them go ahead tho as I do not want to be without a boat for too long if it sells. I have a Formula 292 that I can use for a backup till new one is ready but it's just not the same.
The Yanmars are 485 HP each. Arneson drives. 400 gal tank will give me close to a 700 mile range. I want to get the latest in navigation equipment as that side of the sport really interests me. The Garmin 6010C on PREDATOR is great and easy to use but I want to see what else is out there. It is a lot of fun putting something like this together and Nor Tech is great to work with. Not many builders want to let you customize much.
Bob
Old 05-31-2007, 07:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ToTheMax
I'll definitely miss seeing that boat on G-Bay when it sells (unless somebody from around here picks it up!)

Like the ad says, probably the most photographed boat in poker run history, I can probably make a mini-album of the ones I've taken over the years!

All the best with the new Nortech (can't wait to see it!)
You will probably see me going by on the way to Beckwith Island ( my favorite anchorage - well after Keewaydin I guess ! ) in about 3 weeks. Looking forward to the fresh water again. I will continue to use it until sold but will be careful not to run the hours up on fresh engines. Say hello if you can.
Bob

Don't know how I would feel if someone local buys it. I'm thinking it should go to California cause I have so many incredible memories on that boat I think it will tear me apart to see it again. Probably best to just keep looking forward.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell ya what Bob, just trade me for my cat and you can go for a Predator ride anytime ya want Heck, I'll even let ya keep one of Ron's 850's to drop in the cat. I would only need 2 in the floating condo anyways.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Tell ya what Bob, just trade me for my cat and you can go for a Predator ride anytime ya want Heck, I'll even let ya keep one of Ron's 850's to drop in the cat. I would only need 2 in the floating condo anyways.

Hmmmmmm.... gonna think about that, Sean. That's my first real offer. LOL
Hope to see you on the water soon. Are you planning on doing the run next weekend ? I may show up in the Formula.
Bob
Old 06-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Bob I tried to convince my wife we did not need the house, and Predator would be very comfortable to live on, I told her to think of all the money we would save on lawn and pool and yard service, but she told me after a month she would probably drown me, also I dont know how I feel about her being more attracted to the boat than me??
Old 06-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also I had one question and let me preface this I think Predator is one of the most amazing boats I have ever seen and Nortech is an outstanding boat builder plus they are local for me. I was just wondering since you are going to trip diesels did you look at the Hustler 50 I have heard they have them running in the mid to high 80's and I know some owners who like them quite a bit?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by THUNDER-STRUCK
Sorry Bob I tried to convince my wife we did not need the house, and Predator would be very comfortable to live on, I told her to think of all the money we would save on lawn and pool and yard service, but she told me after a month she would probably drown me, also I dont know how I feel about her being more attracted to the boat than me??
Seems some women are just too practical...... and then there are some that ........ Guess I better not go there !! LOL
So let's see - you buy my boat, after awhile she ends up drowning you. Then can I make a move on her? So then I got your money, your wife after a respectable period of mourning.... say a week and I have the boat back as well !
He, he. This is getting stupid. Better stop now before I lose respect if not too late. .
All in fun,
Bob

By way of Blackberry.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by THUNDER-STRUCK
Also I had one question and let me preface this I think Predator is one of the most amazing boats I have ever seen and Nortech is an outstanding boat builder plus they are local for me. I was just wondering since you are going to trip diesels did you look at the Hustler 50 I have heard they have them running in the mid to high 80's and I know some owners who like them quite a bit?
Will give you the short version for now since I am travelling again today and just have my Blackberry:

In my opinion while I believe the Hustler to be a great boat, the Nor Tech is far superior.I had a close look at the Hustler diesel at the Miami Boat Show last year.I have also spoken to a friend that bought the show boat.He spoke quite highly of it BTW. The Hustler is almost 10 MPH faster but NT is closing the gap some. I find that a cruise speed in the low 70's works just fine for me. At that speed I can be in Key West in just under 1.5 hrs.
Nor Tech has 9 ft beam and creature comforts are of a much higher quality. There will always be some that will not agree but that is my opinion.
Having owned 2 previous NT there is a relationship and brand loyalty as well.
Bob

Quick Reply: Nor-Tech "Predator" question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.