Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thanksfor the $70 Autograph Mr. Crouse! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15962-thanksfor-%2470-autograph-mr-crouse.html)

ScreaminDemon 12-31-2001 03:55 PM

JohnJan - thanks! That is how i see it, but shane keeps going on about it..actually, he made this post "after" he discussed this EXACT topic before in another post...he just won't let go!

Shane 01-01-2002 04:34 PM

OKay People,

John Crouse YOU ARE WRONG! I never heard you speak at any dinner! You were at the same restaurant as I the NIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG SPEACH and you were with a the President of the Donzi club who lives down the street from me. So before you state FACTS about my tall tale GET YOURS RIGHT! I am not in nor did I attend the Donzi function. I stopped by the table you were sitting at with Mr. Hodgkinson to be cordial and say hello. So please, before you bash me or any other person, get the FACTS STRAIGHT! I did not bring it up here until you came on here BASHING Mr. Alweis be his actions right, wrong, or in different. People here know I will lend a helping a hand to anyone and in the process make many sacrifices to help others. Just ask the NUMEROUS members that I have helped here. I did not bring up until you came on here with a holier than thou attitude. If you were such a fine journalist you would have reported what happened in an objective manner. But instead you were EXTREMELY opinionated and lashed out. Not professional journalism at all. You see, I do not need to be professional here as I am not a journalist nor do I profess to be. When I am at my job I am extrememly professional. Many board members are my clients and I am certain they can attest to such. As I stated earlier in this thread the manner in which you presented the opportunity was not such that it was intended for purchase. As I mentioned earlier, had it been positioned differently the outcome and my opinion of you would have possibly been more favorable as well. You see, I would simply have chalked it up to experience and left it at that, but I felt that in the manner in which you BASHED others here that I needed to show that you ain't all that and a bag chips Mr. Crouse. In fact, in many ways your actions resemble those, albeit on a much smaller scale, you were lashing out against. As far as I am concerned we are beating a dead horse by continuing this thread any further and it will certainly not lead to any productive ending. Whether you agree with me or you agree with Mr. Crouse, it really doesn't matter anymore. Continuing this discussion will serve no useful purpose to any of us as it is obvious that we will never agree. So I say, let us agree to disagree and let those bystanders form their own opinions.

Shane :(

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Shane ]

Hot Boat 01-02-2002 12:44 PM

I have my opinion :D :D :D

Shane 01-02-2002 12:59 PM

And what might that be? :confused: :p

Dean Ferry 01-02-2002 01:13 PM

Shane,
Your X-mas Present went out today, sorry for the delay, but I went boating with "Cord and Mrs. Cord" over the holidays, so it got out late.
MD

Shane 01-02-2002 01:21 PM

Thanks dude, I appreciate it! Looking forward to receiving it!

Shane :D

a711 01-02-2002 10:03 PM

Crouse is just one of a very limited number of people out there who is not willing to provide falacio for Mike A on command....

Good for you John, I applaud your courage...

GR

Shane 01-03-2002 09:49 AM

highbidder,

As I ststed had you read this thread thoroughly, you would see that it was not about him kissing up to or even agreeing mith Alweiss, it was first his tone and lack of integrity with regard to the method by which he attempted to make his point known, and secondly, had he acted more professionally I would have not even brought it up. But as he said he just wanted everyone to know, well, then, I too wanted to people to see the real Mr. Crouse.

This has NOTHING to do with Alweiss, but it has EVERYTHING to do with Crouse and his attitude. had he been more gentlemenlike I would not have even brought it up. i just wanted to show teh members of OSO it was nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black.

Shane

Ted Zoli 01-03-2002 02:14 PM

Well highbidder, i waited 24 hours to respond to your comment...not sure it will help.

I like most people, and i especially like people that work hard to be successful. I really, really like affable, hardworking and dedicated people helping me showcase a sport i enjoy a lot. And beyond that, they give me an opportunity to participate in that sport in a way that is organized, fair and as safe as it can be.

Now by your standards, respect and friendship shown to Mike A. or anyone else that meets my criterion, is "sucking up" or worse. By your standards, one apparently has to be careful showing respect for success, or by some convoluted thinking, you are branded a "suck up."

Incredible as it may seem to you, people are to smart to buy into that nonsense. Count me very strongly as someone who sucks up to Mike A., John C. or anyone else who slaves at a for-profit or not-for-profit endeavor as an entrepreneur or employee.

I don't like "slackers" and i especially don't like people who would impugn a great majority of us on a bulletin board with careless comments. Why don't you come to a race and say those things to the teams. It would be a great way to improve the gene pool.

Ted Z.

Shane 01-03-2002 02:25 PM

Ted,

Being from the same hometown it is no wonder your words are so well thought out and so well articulated. Thanks for your insight my friend. You have the uncanny ability to say so much in so few words. Truly an art form!

Bravo! Hope to see on the lake this summer.

Shane :cool: