Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thanksfor the $70 Autograph Mr. Crouse! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15962-thanksfor-%2470-autograph-mr-crouse.html)

Shane 12-19-2001 07:57 AM

Thanksfor the $70 Autograph Mr. Crouse!

A few years back John came to my hometown of Bolton Landing on Lake George, NY. He was visiting for the Lake George Donzi Classic Clubs Spring Dust Off Regatta. He was staying with a guy that lives a few houses away. I ran into them at a local waterside restaurant and my neighbor introduced me to Mr. Crouse. We had a nice chat for a few minutes and my neighbor said that John would be autographing copies of his book that he brought along for members of the club. I said I thought that was very nice of him. He asked me if I would like him to autograph a copy me. I said that would be very nice, Thank You. So he goes out to his car, gets a copy, signs it and says you owe me $70.00!

When someone makes a gesture and says would you like for me to autograph a copy I do not see that as saying, would you like to buy a copy of my book and I will autograph it for you. A rather CLASSLESS move on his part in my humble opinion. I just thought it was VERY INTERESTING. The $70 is irrelevant but it is the PRINCIPLE of the matter. Needless to say I took the high road and paid him. Cash. I wonder if he declared it as income because I never got a receipt? LOL! To me this just detracts from his respectability.

Happy Holidays all. Oh, BTW Mr. Crouse, do you ask for reimbursement for gifts to your family during the holidays?

Shane :o

supercrash 12-19-2001 08:14 AM

Shane if that story is true then he is a schmuck. If anything he should have charged you the amount of the book and not his 50 dollar autograph...Was the book any good??

Shane 12-19-2001 08:18 AM

SC,

The story is 100% TRUE! I bet he will not reply to this post it is so true! And yest he is a SCHMUCK!

Actually the book is very informative! No story or plot, just alot of excerpts and facts. Very interesting and lots of photos too!

Shane :cool:

bajabob38 12-19-2001 08:37 AM

Shane turn him into the IRS. :D :D

WesSmith 12-19-2001 09:24 AM

Do I hear a collective OSO " BOO " !! :( :(

Risk Taker 12-19-2001 09:27 AM

:confused: :confused: :( :(

Audiofn 12-19-2001 09:29 AM

Shane What is the cover price? I think that he charges that much for it, so he was autographing it for free. You did not expect to get something for free do ya. It does involve boats, so shouldn't it have cost you 1000 bucks!!! :p :p :p

Shane 12-19-2001 09:59 AM

IF I get a reward I will donate it to teh STM Club and sign Mean Dean's name to it! :p :p Audiogeek, yeah you are probably right, I guess i got off CHEAP! :rolleyes:

Shane :cool:

Shane 12-19-2001 11:40 AM

ttt :D

bucky 12-19-2001 07:10 PM

Reminds me of a guy that invited my wife and I to dinner and then told us our share for the lobsters was $xx.xx. We couldn't believe it but my wife worked with his wife and wouldn't let me do the scene thing. Thats OK though because I knew the boss was having a fling with his wife and he didn't.BTW, the dinner was at their home.

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: bucky ]