Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Does anybody have info on Triumph Boats? >

Does anybody have info on Triumph Boats?

Notices

Does anybody have info on Triumph Boats?

Old 05-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody have info on Triumph Boats?

I'm looking for a reliable all purpose boat (OB center console?) that will tie me over till I get back into a hot rod next year. Looking for something to keep around for awhile as a do everthing/ back-up boat. Must be faster than 40 MPH.

Need to stay around $ 30K or less.

Any experience with Triumph & their non-fiberglass (Ropelene) hulls? They claim to be nearly indestructable. Any other suggestions?

Oh yeah, I boat in the Upper Chesapeake & coastal NJ with some ocean use & plan on taking the wife & 2 kids out alot (2 and 9 years old.)

Any input appreciated.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a friend who had one.. I believe it was 16 or 17 ft and had a 40 horse 2 stroke merc on it.. boat ran like a bat outta he!!. was damn near indestructable. had a real shallow draft and would take a beating and keep going. id buy one.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember when they were under the brand name "Logic" that they used to have a guy beating them with a sledgehammer at the boat shows.

Always wondered myself what the drawback to their construction was, if there is one. If there isn't one, why aren't more boats built that way?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

A friend of mine sells them. He kept a big mallet handy at teh shows and would smack the side of one occasionally to get attention. He said these don't look as nice here at the show, but in 10 years mine will look exactly like it does now.....how many of these other boats will still look this good then?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered

A friend of mine bought one recently and she loves it. 170CC with a 60 hp Yamaha. Cool little boat and has some nice features. Easy to handle and keep up.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking at the 21 footer. If anyone knows somebody who has one, I'd be interested in top speed & ride quality reports.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Don,

Good to see you're getting back into boating. I guess you're all settled in at your new pad now. Just wanted to let you know, I still love the boat.

She's a bit faster now though!!
Attached Thumbnails Does anybody have info on Triumph Boats?-img_1833-large-.jpg  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

You have no idea how much I miss that boat! You've done pretty much what I was planning on doing if I would've kept it. The motor looks awesome!
You bastid!
Don
Old 05-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

Sea Tow have been using Triumph Boats for some time now. They are really indestructable. My Brother in law has a 16 ft duel consule with a 70 hp Merc. It does over 50 mph.. Fun little boat. And the best thing is when you are done you just hose it off. If you are interested I believe he wants to get a bigger one and would be looking to sell if that is the case.. I will find out.....
Old 05-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered

So how do they compare to Boston Whaler or a Pursuit? I had never heard of Triumph boats but they sound very nice. They caught my attention cause I have a 76 Triumph TR6 BRG.

Quick Reply: Does anybody have info on Triumph Boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.