Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gold Digger latest??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159657-gold-digger-latest.html)

Brad Zastrow 06-11-2007 08:41 AM

I am guessing that the 1700's Eikerts are not too reliable? What a shame for such a great looking boat to sit on the trailer. Didn't Ballistic have a lot issues with those engines as well?

sakoutis3 06-11-2007 08:48 AM

Anytime you go with an exotic setup you have to expect issues. Its the nature of the beast.

ZBODaytona 06-11-2007 08:50 AM

Ballistic used a similar motor. I saw a picture where he ditched the centrifical (i think thats what they were) and now has whipple 5.0s on. I had read somewhere he was having blower belt issues, not sure which blowers were giving the issues. Hopefully he will get it worked out soon.

Canada Jeff 06-11-2007 09:06 AM

Turbines........ :-)

UNSANE 06-11-2007 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 2158136)
I am guessing that the 1700's Eikerts are not too reliable? What a shame for such a great looking boat to sit on the trailer. Didn't Ballistic have a lot issues with those engines as well?

I was at the run last year and yes he did have to get a tow, at least the one time I saw. Exotic or not, if someone is going to shell out a whalechitload of money for something, it better work. But that's just me. It's a shame and embarrassing. Turbines sound like a good alternative.

bluellama 06-11-2007 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 2157586)
I heard he is building another boat, but I haven't heard any details. I'm sure it will be nice.

Originally Posted by Superman (Post 2157600)
He seems to have his best luck with already built boats that have been proven. How many Powerboat articles ccan you have written about boats that have yet to prove their worth?

Superman, MyWay's owners have built all their boats. The only "already built boat" they had was the first Skater with Cobra power that wouldn't stay together.

Canada Jeff 06-11-2007 10:26 AM

I think Superman meant Proven hulls Steve. This being an unproven hull, it does raise some eye brows.

But as you and know Steve, this hull 'design' has been proven over seas.

Spine Tingler 06-11-2007 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff (Post 2158261)
I think Superman meant Proven hulls Steve. This being an unproven hull, it does raise some eye brows.

But as you and know Steve, this hull 'design' has been proven over seas.

I apologize about the confusion. I was speaking about Ballistic and now Goldigger.

dbhammer 06-11-2007 02:45 PM

so what is Bill Tomlinson having built? getting a new turbine powered cat? his current myway (skater 46) is so nice and reliable surprised he going to try something else

Canada Jeff 06-11-2007 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by dbhammer (Post 2158605)
so what is Bill Tomlinson having built? getting a new turbine powered cat? his current myway (skater 46) is so nice and reliable surprised he going to try something else

He sold his Skater. Look for a Turbin O/L cat soon.