Notices

Gold Digger latest???

Old 06-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,

I can assure you that 160 is on the low side of what this boat has seen, and will see. The boat and the builder should not be made to look bad because of motor issues. It will run hard, and has run hard, unfortunately when pushing big power reliability is at a loss. There are some motor issues that need to be worked out, and rest assured they will be. As far as a "flop" with all of this hype, I beg to differ with you. The only hype generated is by the people on this board wondering what's going on with Gold Digger.

The boat has been run, and run hard, but please excuse Mike and Bill for not running back and posting each time they run the boat up to speed. Be patient you will see it run soon enough.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
174 with 1200's? Seems a bit fast for that power.
Your welcome to call JT and he will verify the speed, by the way it was all over the rev limiters
Old 06-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I can say that if I could afford one, I would really, really, really be looking "other than OL boats" right now because this one has been around for months and hasn't run. My opinion, as you noted, doesn't matter which is 100% fine with me which is why it is also 100% fine with me if OL has 40 orders for this boat or not- to me they are the ones looking bad on this deal, not I...

160 for a new 50 footer with all this hype? You answered your own question why "I" think it is a flop...
When you own as many high quality boats as Gatorone, you can be patient to see that it is perfect. OL builds a great boat, unfortunately they don't build the motors, If OL built you a boat with motors that you supplied and requested, would you still hold them responsible. Does your Concept suck if mercury puts a Bad 300 Outboard on the back????????

That's boating...........
Old 06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i wouldn't call it a flop. they are working stuff out and taking things slow, sounds safe to me. Look at what they are doing with the turbine MTI...it did a small exhibition run at the shootout last year... I didn't hear anyone saying flop..oh and it came out at miami too. They are taking things slow and being smart i would think gatorone is doing the same, though we know he is having motor issues as well..but heck those power numbers it is going to be expectied. The only difference on this one is two times now it has been on the boards that it was going to run at two different poker runs and it didn't, maybe that was bad to say that stuff. So what,,,,besides why bust up something, I would rather see it dialed in right before it hit the main stream. Besides i have read the boards and I know it has run a couple of times, I have even seen and heard video of it in the water... Again sounds like testing.....What i would do is deffinatley not what Gatorone wants to do...but heck who am i to say what he should....none of us are...his money his toy.... I hope all is safe and I can't wait to see it run (right)
Old 06-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Mark I saw the boat this last weekend in JAX, its an awesome boat! I think the reason no one is talking about the speeds is simply because if its not 200mph......its not good enough to the people not involved. Not to mention, who wants to run a boat around those speeds and not be totally comfortable with the boat and setup? I dont think the 200mph is far fetched when everything is said and done.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

New power in a known hull is a challenge. Known power in a new hull is a challenge. New power in a new hull is a major challenge. Take all the time you want and good luck.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Registered

guys, perfection takes time. MTI with its BAD MOFO turbine has taken some time, the Skater/Cig kilo boat had issues....nobody talked trash on them. Golddigger is incredible and is/will be worth the wait. We should all be happy for Bill and Outerlimits for going this extreme.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomcat
New power in a known hull is a challenge. Known power in a new hull is a challenge. New power in a new hull is a major challenge. Take all the time you want and good luck.
Well said.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!!
guys, perfection takes time. MTI with its BAD MOFO turbine has taken some time, the Skater/Cig kilo boat had issues....nobody talked trash on them. Golddigger is incredible and is/will be worth the wait. We should all be happy for Bill and Outerlimits for going this extreme.
AMEN BROTHER!! Give them some time, there are only a handful of people out there, that demonstrate the quality that Mike and Keith put out!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Mark, don't know ya personally, but take my advice Golddigger and the word flop don't go together in the slightest. The Digger sitting on it's trailer without motors and never running, still would not be a flop. It's incredible end of story. Bills boating program aint to bad either, dam we had a bit of a problem with the Digger today. I'll just jump in my 170 plus Skater oh well. Not sounding to shabby to me!!!!

Bill, hey from Cadie and I.

Quick Reply: Gold Digger latest???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.