Remembering our HTM brothers >

Remembering our HTM brothers

Notices

Remembering our HTM brothers

Old 01-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Remembering our HTM brothers

On Friday, January 11, 2002 the high performance boating family lost four of it’s own. It was a tragic day, and, as someone pointed out, all too familiar to us. Like most people in the forum community, I struggled with how to cope with the loss of our family members.

It was then I realized how close we really are. Many of you I know personally, and many of you remain separated by a keyboard and a monitor. However, through this tragedy, I realized that we are all much closer than we like to admit. United by our passion for boats, and living life to it’s fullest. Unfortunately, four of our brothers will no longer be able to share their passion with us.

Steve Coulombe was the owner of HTM. He was a passionate man when it came to boat building. Constantly striving for perfection, many HTM owners will attest to pride in his boats and making his customers happy. Steve is survived by his wife Lia, and two daughters Sharece (12) and Chelsie (9).

Nelson Brinkman is survived by his wife Danielle and son, little Nelson (5). Currently, since Danielle is a stay at home mom, and has been hit hard by this tragedy.

Ken Lane is survived by his wife Jan, and son Christopher (7).

Chuck Wiseman was MrPumpsHTM on the boards. It was his birthday on Friday, so he asked to come along for the ride as a present. At HTM, it was always a great honor to be chosen to go along when testing a new boat. Chuck was not only an HTM owner, but Steve’s friend, as well. Chuck leaves behind a 16 year-old son.

As a way to honor our lost friends, many of us will be proudly wearing “in memory of” decals on our boats and trucks this year. JETBOAT BRIAN has volunteered to donate the decals, which are vinyl (gel coat safe). The decals are 6”x 4” in diameter, and look like this:
HTM Memorial Decal

Many members have expressed their desire to help the families, so we have set up a Pay Pal and HTM Memorial account to accept donations. Brian, Barney and I are recommending a $10/decal donation, with 100% (minus decal postage) being divided equally among the families. However, you are in no way obligated to donate to get a decal, and ALL donations (of any amount) will be appreciated. Donations (checks) can be sent to:

HTM Memorial Fund
C/O Valencia Bank & Trust
18710 Soledad Canyon Rd.
Canyon Country, CA 91351

To get your decal(s), please e-mail JETBOAT BRIAN at [email protected]. Please include a note with how many, and where you want them sent.

Flowers and cards can be sent to:
HTM Boats
11306 Sierra Hwy
Agua Dulce, CA 91390

However, in lieu of flowers, donations will probably be more useful right now.

I would like to ask for everyone’s help in getting the word out. If you know someone in the boating business (company or individual) who is not on the Internet, please forward this to them. Also, any help with the boating magazines would be appreciated. Feel free to copy this post onto other message boards, or in e-mails.

Also, I will be forwarding your kind words as best I can. Feel free to post your messages in this thread, and I will let the families know. Some kind words in other posts have already reached them, and they really appreciate the thoughts.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin ]
Old 01-16-2002, 07:10 AM
WES311SR1

BACK TO TOP.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:00 AM
Ultrafine

I was also informed each request for decals will be shipped one black and one white. For those of us with limo tint in the trucks back windows. For better than 40 years I have known boaters to be the tightest knit group of people. The condolences expressed on this board have proven that to be true once again.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:11 AM
TulsaLarry

Good job Havasu, I know the families will appreciate it and we on the board welcome your help.

Old 01-16-2002, 03:32 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thanks to everyone who has posted and/or contributed so far. I proves that our little community can come together for a good cause.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Jeff, just to let you know, I e-mailed a copy of this thread to Brett Becker (editor of Powerboat magazine)

Tank
Old 01-16-2002, 10:06 PM
Havasu Barney

This is a tough thing to do guys, I don't like asking for help because I don't like being disappointed.

It's not your problem, I know times are tough all over, but we really have a couple BOATERS families in trouble here, please don't just ride by and pretend not to see....

I'm sorry to ask, but damn, we got a couple famlies that lost fathers, husbands in a boating accident. On the water we see each other eyes, we know it's THE CODE.

Nobodies asking to be towed miles back to shore, most of us do that for people anyway, why does this have to be any different..

The families NEED help.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:38 PM
Registered

TTT Come on guys and gals lets show them what we are made of. If we can burn 60 gallons of fuel per hour we can surely come up with $50. You can bet you will get more out of this act of kindness than paying some Saudi to hire a nanny or a driver.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Havasu Barney

Thumbs up

Thanks.

Every little bit will help, thanks so much guys!

Old 01-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Warlock Dave

Thumbs up

Count me in, email & funds off tomarrow.
Every bit helps...........

Quick Reply: Remembering our HTM brothers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.