Notices

teague engines

Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The Teague 720 is naturally aspirated, and it is a BAAAAAAAD motor.
Attached Thumbnails teague engines-10615_4.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-05-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
What a coincidence that there just happen to be 2 37 AT's for sale with Teague 720's
That means you can pick up the other one, Griff...
Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had some engines built there a couple of years ago and they didn't have a dyno at that time. I don't think he has one now. He use to send them out to have that done if he needed the numbers.

Both Bob and Norm do great work, especially Norm. That 720 is a good engine. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. If you were buying them from Bob new, I would say get the warranty in writing and make sure everything is clear. Because he tries hard to get out of fixing things when you bring them back after they break. At least he's done that to me in the past.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
I had some engines built there a couple of years ago and they didn't have a dyno at that time. I don't think he has one now. He use to send them out to have that done if he needed the numbers.

Both Bob and Norm do great work, especially Norm. That 720 is a good engine. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. If you were buying them from Bob new, I would say get the warranty in writing and make sure everything is clear. Because he tries hard to get out of fixing things when you bring them back after they break. At least he's done that to me in the past.
What was broke?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Shallow Minded
That means you can pick up the other one, Griff...
Way!! Way!!!! over my budget.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had him build two brand new engines. About 8 months later one engine blew. I never got a straight answer as to what exactly caused a cylinder to heat up and burn a piston. Before that I had to take it in a few other times for oil leaks. The valve cover bolts kept breaking. The next year the same motor blew. That time it was the crank shaft. The front of it broke off. He wouldn't warranty it the first time, so I knew he wouldn't fix it the second time either. I sold the boat right after.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IŽd say either a too tight a clearance in that cylinder or running too lean probably from an intake gasket leak.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

He doesn't stand by his warranty, but "you shouldn't have anything to worry about."
Old 06-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Does Teague own a Dyno yet? How does he come up with the numbers to rate his engines? I have heard many stories about the lack of service after the sale with warranty issues but people keep buying them.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I had him build two brand new engines. About 8 months later one engine blew. I never got a straight answer as to what exactly caused a cylinder to heat up and burn a piston. Before that I had to take it in a few other times for oil leaks. The valve cover bolts kept breaking. The next year the same motor blew. That time it was the crank shaft. The front of it broke off. He wouldn't warranty it the first time, so I knew he wouldn't fix it the second time either. I sold the boat right after.
Was it a Lunati crank?

Quick Reply: teague engines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.