Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   teague engines (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159841-teague-engines.html)

marineclean 06-12-2007 10:39 PM

I've heard nothing but great things about Bob's engines. I just talked with Jason today at Ultra and they are a huge success for them. I've also had a chance to talk with Bob and see how much he cares for his business. I wouldn't hesitate in buying a Teague motor. Hope this help!

Donnie

Panther 06-13-2007 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity (Post 2160591)
Of everyone I know you're the only person that can't put the motors in once and be done. You always get bit by something and sometimes I get to witness it.....garbage....Sak doesn't have enough dumpsters for ya :eek:

Build
dyno - everything looks great.
Lose a head gasket because they were wrong.
Lost a time chain because it was wrong.
Think there was another dyno run in there somewhere.
Burnt valves or was it just seats because of the wrong cam.
another dyno run

dyno don't mean chit if you can't put a good package together in the first place.

Ummm... tell everyone how much power your motors really make.... 600 hp my azz.... 500-550... maybe.... :eek:

Douchebag....:mad:

mr_velocity 06-13-2007 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2161040)
Ummm... tell everyone how much power your motors really make.... 600 hp my azz.... 500-550... maybe.... :eek:

Don't cry, you totally miss the point. Even a great builder running a motor on a dyno is not going to find all the pickle screw ups without completely tearing down the motor to see what the other builder did. The point is a dyno is not a tell all no matter how much power you're going to make.

My motors are 300hp cause its all the chip needs :drink:

sakoutis3 06-13-2007 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2161040)

Some body got their panty's in a bunch.:eek:

Panther 06-13-2007 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3 (Post 2161138)
Some body got their panty's in a bunch.:eek:

Motors done yet? :eek:

Michael1 06-13-2007 11:57 AM

A year from now, it may not matter, because unless a few people on this board start speaking up and writing some letters to the EPA and CARB, Teague and the rest of the custom engine builders will be shut down with emission regulations. If Teague can't afford a dyno, how in the world is he going to do expensive emissions development? Don't expect this situation to magically work itself out, because it won't. It will take a fight. I recommend calling for an exemption for engines over 500 hp, which is what the California Air Resources Board had in the regulations until the change last December.

Michael

ApacheCarl 06-13-2007 12:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Teague builds great engines and his support after the sale is also awesome.

Been runnnig his 900 efi's for the past 2 years and I have never had a problem. The engines are at least 925 hp and they idle like a pair of merc 500 efi's. Without a doubt the best set of engines I have ever had. If I have a question I can always get Bob on the phone.

If I ever need new engines for another project, Teague would be the engine builder.