Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking For Info on Jet Boats (NOT TURBINES :) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159960-looking-info-jet-boats-not-turbines.html)

Tom A. 06-04-2007 06:00 PM

NK, that's a little more boat than I am looking for. I want to stay with something under/ up to 18' and under $10K.

ToTheMax 06-04-2007 07:15 PM

I agree with all the above threads. Checking fluids regularly (and any filters) is more important than people think. It may save a rebuild down the road!

DaveP 06-05-2007 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2150293)
I don't have a family. I'm just looking for a toy I can keep @ my paren't shore house. 4 seats is fine. They live on the bay but it is too shallow to bring my boat in or anything with an out drive. A jet boat or ski would be fun and I figured a boat gives me the option to take friends out.

If you take me out in it along with you........it would be called a submarine :p not a jet boat! :evilb:

Tom A. 06-05-2007 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 2151269)
If you take me out in it along with you........it would be called a submarine :p not a jet boat! :evilb:

Yeah but at least your head would be sticking up above the water like a periscope!:drink:

You realize this is your fault. I want to run in the JetSki poker runs too! (You and me on Jetskis would look like an elephant and an ostrich on tricycles!:eek: )

Well.....I also want something to leave at Mom & Dad's since I can't pull a big boat in.

Mark 06-08-2007 09:02 PM

The 4 strokes sound ideal. But are they available on a 2000 ish model year - or only 2 stroke?

Also, any other comments on the 2 strokes?

I'm might pick one up also...

Thanks, Mark

Mark 06-09-2007 02:55 PM

Anybody?

Jassman 06-09-2007 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 2156925)
Anybody?

NOT 2000

mr_velocity 06-09-2007 08:05 PM

Friend of mine has a twin enging yammie for sale, need to get the year and model, think 20 or 18. Its in NJ too, same guy Bernie got the 353 from.

cbeastwood 06-10-2007 07:15 AM

As they say: Buy your 2nd boat first. The learning curve is so steep, even if you've owned boats before, you might get bored / frustrated with a 2-stroke quickly. I'd go for the 4-stroke for the extra $ with a little extra length and a few more amenities. The worst thing is having to climb around the engine compartment tearing apart a 2-stroke while everyone else is out on the water. Trust me on this.

Mark 06-10-2007 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by cbeastwood (Post 2157311)
As they say: Buy your 2nd boat first. The learning curve is so steep, even if you've owned boats before, you might get bored / frustrated with a 2-stroke quickly. I'd go for the 4-stroke for the extra $ with a little extra length and a few more amenities. The worst thing is having to climb around the engine compartment tearing apart a 2-stroke while everyone else is out on the water. Trust me on this.

Thats what I'm concerned with. 2-stroke motocross bikes took a lot of work.