If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC

Visited Skater last week

As always, Peter and his crew are the most congenial and professional team in the industry......and the projects on the floor are nothing short of amazing. I was really impressed with how many custom decks and wide hulls are in progress. Since we felt so constricted with the old Shadow molds and opted for the one off Conquests, I appreciate the freedom of design that Skater has achieved with these boats. You can actually create your own hull profile, length, beam and tunnel width and have a truly unique boat without resorting to bolt on gimmicks and radical paint to try and change the overall look and design of a standard molded boat. The craftsmanship is phenomenal and the amount of hand work involved is reminiscent of the custom built cats we used to build..... Couple that to the fact that all of the designs come from Peter's fertile imagination and peerless experience and you've really got something wonderful going on.

I was also impressed with the vee bottom racer that is being prepared for European P1 racing.... neat looking rig with fixed drives. It's all good.

The facility is truly world class and focused on performance boats only...... I recommend a visit for anyone who is seriously considering a premium or vee.

Skater is truly the best of the best.

Thanks again to Pete and the entire Skater Team for a truly eye popping visit.

Obsolete and proud of it

Charter Member#203 Charter Member Pete B's Avatar
    My Boats:
    98 Scarab 302 Sport
    Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
    It is a great expierence!!!! top notch and the product show's it!

Platinum Member Platinum Member ApachePete's Avatar
    Sarasota,FL & Saugatuck, MI
    What a breach of security!!