Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   JAX Poker Run Pix- "We've Been Gettin Calls About A Jumper" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/160438-jax-poker-run-pix-weve-been-gettin-calls-about-jumper.html)

jayboat 06-11-2007 01:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 2157949)
No photos of SkaterJim in his blue 28' Skater?

He was one of top 6 to the bridge.

Aw crap. Dammit, dammit, dammit.:(

I missed him, Rik-- it took me a minute but I know how it happened. If you look at the last couple of pix in the composite shot in post 20 you can clearly see him on the far right in front of the two OL's. And, in the lunch shot in post 2 you can see his boat tied to the dock.

The OL's broke off and came under the center of the bridge and he continued on off to my right. In this shot you can see his wake continuing on straight and the OL's are just starting to turn. I was so focused on that lead pack bearing down on me that I totally missed him... they were moving pretty good and I didn't have a whole lot of time. Sorry.

Mr Gadgets 06-11-2007 01:34 AM

Jayboat,
I think I may have saw you up on the bridge. Not sure though. I was riding with Doc Holiday and friends.. These pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing.. this was on great event!

jayboat 06-11-2007 01:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A different look at three boats that have already been posted.

jayboat 06-11-2007 01:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets (Post 2157962)
Jayboat,
I think I may have saw you up on the bridge. Not sure though. I was riding with Doc Holiday and friends.. These pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing.. this was on great event!

I noticed a few people looking my way and some waved, but I imagine most were focused on gettin under the bridge. Here's your close-up...:D

And yeah- I think it would be safe to say that everyone was having a good time!

Magic34 06-11-2007 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2157961)
Aw crap. Dammit, dammit, dammit.:(

I missed him, Rik-- it took me a minute but I know how it happened. If you look at the last couple of pix in the composite shot in post 20 you can clearly see him on the far right in front of the two OL's. And, in the lunch shot in post 2 you can see his boat tied to the dock.

The OL's broke off and came under the center of the bridge and he continued on off to my right. In this shot you can see his wake continuing on straight and the OL's are just starting to turn. I was so focused on that lead pack bearing down on me that I totally missed him... they were moving pretty good and I didn't have a whole lot of time. Sorry.

Why are the boats turning so much?

Looking at the picture, they all are turning for some reason within the last 1/4 mile. 1 main area to pass under the bridge?

BillR 06-11-2007 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by H2Xmark (Post 2157724)
a friend of mine at the run said Golddigger had engine problems

Correct! Golddigger was not present.

BillR 06-11-2007 07:25 AM

I can't get pix to load. Says site is busy. . . .?!?

NefariousOne 06-11-2007 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Magic34 (Post 2157971)
Why are the boats turning so much?

Looking at the picture, they all are turning for some reason within the last 1/4 mile. 1 main area to pass under the bridge?

You got it. You can pass under the bridge pretty much anywhere but it is much narrower between the pillars.... plus lots of boats fishing in those areas as well. The main span is the widest and has no boats anchored or fishing.

Mr Gadgets 06-11-2007 09:10 AM

Jayboat,
Thanks, that is a great shot of us! My wife is hidden from view behind Jay one of our crew!! I can still feel the heat!!

:) :)

chad1 06-11-2007 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 2157949)
No photos of SkaterJim in his blue 28' Skater?

He was one of top 6 to the bridge.

I posted some at BFREAKS. That boat is fast. He was right their next to us for awile.