Notices

Scariest boat ride!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:10 PM
NoQuarter

I got chills just reading the post.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gino, I have heard that you have wierd luck, but don't know the stories. How about entertaining us with some of them?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino - Gino - Gino....laughing my a s s off!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered

Gettin the popcorn ready....
Old 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gino,
I'll take this as a sign that your luck has changed - you're here to post about it. -Jeff
Old 06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

We went to Huckins to use the travel lift. They are located right next to Ortega Landing Marina, are incredibly nice people and they absolutely couldn't do enough for us. They only charged us $135 ($3/foot). This price covered in and out and is fairly cheap compared to what we are charged around here. The travel lift operator gave us his cell phone # when we went in the water Thursday AM and told us to call whenever we wanted to come out. They are not open on Sat or Sun, but he was willing to come in just to lift us out.

We saved Ortega Landing for our last stop. We got our card there and then we just had to go next door to the travel lift to come out. These guys even washed the boat for us while it was in the lift, before sitting it on the trailer. All we had to do once it was on the trailer was flush the engines, strap it down and cover it up. They certainly took great care of us and even let us leave the trailer right there for the whole event. A great place and certainly one to remember for anybody that does not want to use the ramp next year!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
We went to Huckins to use the travel lift. They are located right next to Ortega Landing Marina, are incredibly nice people and they absolutely couldn't do enough for us. They only charged us $135 ($3/foot). This price covered in and out and is fairly cheap compared to what we are charged around here. The travel lift operator gave us his cell phone # when we went in the water Thursday AM and told us to call whenever we wanted to come out. They are not open on Sat or Sun, but he was willing to come in just to lift us out.
We went there first. We can't use a travel lift with the tilt trailer. You can't get the straps under the boat. As we pulled in a little asian lady came running over screaming that I took her drivers side mirror off when I made a turn and she had to follow me for 4 miles. We had to call the dealer and get an estimate so I could pay for the damage. The crane company was right across the streat from Ortega and they had a crane right next to where we were docked. They only charged us $100.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
As we pulled in a little asian lady came running over screaming that I took her drivers side mirror off when I made a turn and she had to follow me for 4 miles.
I can see it now.
You Broke Mirror. You Broke Mirror. 500 dolla, you pay now. How you learn to drive.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by marineclean
I can see it now.
You Broke Mirror. You Broke Mirror. 500 dolla, you pay now. How you learn to drive.
lol,,, good stuff
Old 06-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ALL you ook off was the mirror? Damn you got off on the cheap! I back OVER, not just hit but actually OVER, a honda accord. I was backing my 25' flatbed behind my C7500 GMC(about 28 feet) and didnt see her at ALL... The trailer went right up the hood of the car. The first thing she asked me when I got out was, "didnt you see me?"....Sure lady, and I still decided to run over your car.

Quick Reply: Scariest boat ride!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.