Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Paging Clay Washington (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/160681-paging-clay-washington.html)

Clay Washington 06-13-2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Griswald (Post 2161795)
I might also be of some help around Travis. I'm in with a few dealers/sales types. (is that a bad thing?)

Of course, not to steal your thunder, Clay!

You are more than welcome to be "the man"! :D

LakeRacer 06-13-2007 04:49 PM

Clay,
I suggested to Keith that he should contact you. I'm not sure that I said you are "the man" but in retrospect, everytime I see the ClayMates I realize that you indeed are "THE MAN." :drink: :D I knew that you boated alot on Lake Travis and also very familiar with Austin, TX. and Keith was interested in that area. So I figured you had info you could pass on to him or put him in touch with some who was in the know. Sorry to get you scam radar on alert but as Jordy said, Keith is legit.

Keith E. Sayre 06-13-2007 06:45 PM

Clay: I tried to PM you last night but cannot do so. I've actually been a member of OSO off and on for about 7 years but spent most of my time on hotboat. I just now see that you
have a phone number and I am going to call you but here's
what's up.

Two weeks ago I visited Lake Conroe by Houston and Clear Lake by Galveston. Nice places and the nicest people I have
ever met.

LakeRacer Art who recommended you is one of the two
people that organized, sponsored and started the Desert
Heat Poker Run in Havasu every year. He was merely
trying to help.

To answer your question about timing, it is our intention
to visit Lake Travis in about 10 days. Then over to the
Houston area and then probably Lake Lewisville by
Dallas.

it is not our intention to open up new dealerships at this time
but to find existing boat dealers that can properly sell our boats. After Texas, we're going north and east.

Obviously you don't know us and we don't know your
area very well. But the response we got simply handing
out some brochures at "Papas on the Lake" at Conroe
was overwhelmingly positive.

My business sense tells me rather than show up blind to a new lake and city, it would be extremely helpful if someone
could point us in the right direction. Perhaps a simple thumbs up or down regarding which dealers have good reputations,
which locations are best suited to sell our style of performance boats etc. Some of this info may seem
trivial to some but I'd hate to sign up a dealer in Austin
and then find out the one I picked was the wrong one.

Maybe others on this site would also consider some
recommendations. If you're curious, we'll be bringing
out a couple boats, probably a 28' Deckboat and a 28'
cat with a mid cabin open bow or one of our 26 to 34'
Vees.

Anyone wants to see the boats in person, please call or
email me to arrange a meeting at the lake while we're there.
You can see our boats at www.magicpowerboats.com.

seeing them in person however is what sells them!

Thanks very much for your help.

Keith Sayre
Magic Powerboats
Lake Havasu City Arizona
928-680-7600

tomtbone1993 06-13-2007 06:56 PM

You need to talk to Dave at Inland Marine for Lake Conroe. PH # 936-588-1126 Their Marina is right across the cove from Papas on the Lake.

Best location IMHO

Because Clay post pics of himself and women on Lake Travis, make him a good source for retail outlets? It appears he has know real intrest.

My .02 cents

LakeRacer 06-13-2007 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 2162061)
Because Clay post pics of himself and women on Lake Travis, make him a good source for retail outlets? It appears he has know real intrest.

My .02 cents

Not to start a pissing match here but geez, give me a break. :( I only suggested to Keith that he contact Clay because I knew from reading his posts that he was familiar with the Lake Travis area. Nothing more...and it definitely had nothing to do with pics of himself or the women. If someone is more qualified then they can step up as it already appears to have happened. Just trying to help some people out.

Here is the original Hot Boat thread...

http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150484

Keith E. Sayre 06-14-2007 12:01 AM

Thanks to everyone that has helped here. I'm certain it will
save days or weeks of driving around trying to figure out who
is doing what. Art, sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. I will be calling Clay in the morning and the marina
store across from Papas. I did drive by there and had a coke
at the restaurant next door when I was there recently. They
had some nice pieces there.

Thanks again for the advice given and any more coming.

keith Sayre
Magic Powerboats

VEGAS36CAT 06-14-2007 12:16 AM

who is this "alleged" Keith Sayre guy?? fockin' newbies...
I've never heard of him, and I live in Havasu...

Keith, its Dan--good luck in Texas bud

Clay Washington 06-14-2007 12:25 AM

I would be happy to give my opinion of some of the local boat dealers, but I am no expert.

I am sure that someone else (maybe Grisward) would be a better source for what Keith needs.

Just my two-cents... :D

Wobble 06-14-2007 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington (Post 2161569)
Why does this smell like a scam? :rolleyes:

I was thinking it was something to do with a paternity issue:evilb:

RiverGirl 06-14-2007 06:28 PM

Well... I'm glad to see that you have finally found the ol' offshoreonly....:bunny: