Using Pledge Furniture Polish on Boats

Notices

Using Pledge Furniture Polish on Boats

Old 06-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go38
Thanks for the feedback. I think I will use it on the zippers and 303 everywhere else.
Also ChapStick is suppose to work great on the cover snaps.
Chap-stick is the perfect size to use on snaps, and being a wax works great but can make loose snaps harder to keep snapped.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patrick,
I'm there...call me when you're headed this way! Crab Deck?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hpoffshore
Patrick,
I'm there...call me when you're headed this way! Crab Deck?
Um, OK...... We are taking Jay to pick his boat up from that Dealer across the street from you so he doesnt have to leave a car on the dark side with Beach Traffic..... We will be in touch!!!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
"Breathing" is exactly what causes oxidation. You want to keep oxygen away from any substance you don't want to oxidize.

Michael
I have been taught by paint industry professionals that clogging the paint up for a long time, then exposing to the air is what causes the ozidation, so yes you are correct. If the correct product was used in the first place it would be a balance and last forever. Straight "clogging" the paint up is bad for it as I had been instructed.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered

We Use Pro Prep On Everything - Works Great!!!
Old 02-23-2024, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I second it, pledge also does not work for me. Then I tried carnauba wax, its results were awesome.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, I know a thing or two about plastics. I do not recommend Pledge on vinyl glass and plastic.
The ingredient found in Pledge, silicone works as a short term deterrent to release the surface tension to remove any contamination. Over a short period of time the inherent properties found in Silicone will attract more dust, dirt and other contamination to the surface. And the cycle begins again. This is done on purpose by JohnsonDiversity to increase the consumability of their product Pledge, not to protect any said surface from long term outdoor exposure. The gamesmanship JohnsonDiversity uses is for you to consume more and more! The fact of the matter is Pledge was designed as an indoor cleaner so Pledge does not contain any UV inhibitors or any ingredients that conditions the surface to protect from the elements.

My company has specifically formulated a Protectant Cleaner & Polish with a UV component for plastics and vinyl glass. Like you I am a boater too! and got tired of the high price of Plexus.
https://www.hardlineproducts.com/pro...leaner-polish/
Check out our RX UV Protectant Cleaner & Polish ask Tank or Cash Bar on this board how great it works!

The following users liked this post:
Sydwayz (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Duplicate

Last edited by thisistank; 02-23-2024 at 04:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sydwayz (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 4,272 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by stephenleon
Yes I second it, pledge also does not work for me. Then I tried carnauba wax, its results were awesome.
So I just wanna get this straight , after 17 years of research you`ve found that pledge isn`t a good boat cleaner but wax is?? Who would have thunk it.
Ive been using mop and glow on my seats, can you research that? I`ll be back to check this thread in 2041 to see what you`ve come up with.
Thanx BOT!
Old 02-23-2024, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Schulte
Guys, I know a thing or two about plastics. I do not recommend Pledge on vinyl glass and plastic.
The ingredient found in Pledge, silicone works as a short term deterrent to release the surface tension to remove any contamination. Over a short period of time the inherent properties found in Silicone will attract more dust, dirt and other contamination to the surface. And the cycle begins again. This is done on purpose by JohnsonDiversity to increase the consumability of their product Pledge, not to protect any said surface from long term outdoor exposure. The gamesmanship JohnsonDiversity uses is for you to consume more and more! The fact of the matter is Pledge was designed as an indoor cleaner so Pledge does not contain any UV inhibitors or any ingredients that conditions the surface to protect from the elements.

My company has specifically formulated a Protectant Cleaner & Polish with a UV component for plastics and vinyl glass. Like you I am a boater too! and got tired of the high price of Plexus.
https://www.hardlineproducts.com/pro...leaner-polish/
Check out our RX UV Protectant Cleaner & Polish ask Tank or Cash Bar on this board how great it works!

I buy this stuff by the case load! There’s other members on here I’ve sent pics and touted its use too. I have a matte black golf cart with plexiglass screen I use it on and it leaves a long lasting glossy / fresh waxed finish. I also use it on my truck, car and boat. As well as anything else I can think
of. I absolutely 100% love this sh*t. Zero negative to say about it. Like I said, I keep a case at the ready and Keep a can in the truck on the boat.

anyone looking for a fantastic “quick wax” wipe down it is well worth it to at least give it a shot. I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

just my .02

few shots of freshly wiped down stuff with RX.

Quick Reply: Using Pledge Furniture Polish on Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.